Gold Glove Awards, WhatIfSports Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Daric Barton. Not a household name unless you follow WAR and marvel at 2010's 4.9 WAR / 10 HR campaign at 1B.

As an A's fan, it's a treat to watch the guy play first. Dude has a crazy spits move to pick the ball at first.

Here's a look at the 3/4 of the great Oakland infield:
A's defense is awesome
10/15/2010 2:36 AM
As an Orioles fan, let me say that statistics here are not everything.  Watching the games makes it clear that neither Weiters nor Jones is Gold-Glove caliber.  Jones COULD be one of the best if not the best defensive outfielder in baseball.  As it is he makes easy plays look hard and misses plays that he should be able to make with his speed.  If you vote for the fan awards on MLB.com you can see a video in the oddities section of him overrunning a flyball and trying to catch it backwards over his shoulder.  Not even close.  Weiters might be a GG catcher in a few years but still has a little way to go.  Although with the lack of good defensive catchers in the AL I can see where you're coming from.  To be fair, part of the responsibility for the lower CS%s has to do with a lower attempt rate...
10/15/2010 4:12 AM
Jose Lopez with a gold glove? Is he actually better than Longoria or Michael Young?
10/15/2010 4:55 AM
dahsdebater=joemorgan?
10/15/2010 2:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by boogerlips on 10/15/2010 2:26:00 PM (view original):
dahsdebater=joemorgan?
Not actually sure what this means here...
10/15/2010 7:36 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/15/2010 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by boogerlips on 10/15/2010 2:26:00 PM (view original):
dahsdebater=joemorgan?
Not actually sure what this means here...
I'm still a little rusty from last night, but I'll lay good money it's not meant to please you.....
10/17/2010 1:47 PM
bump
10/19/2010 12:56 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 10/15/2010 4:55:00 AM (view original):
Jose Lopez with a gold glove? Is he actually better than Longoria or Michael Young?
Young was not that good defensivly this year. I watched a high percentage of the game and he o-layed too many and doesn't have too much range these days.
10/20/2010 3:16 PM
Gold Glove Awards, WhatIfSports Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.