3 Free teams available in 3 different prog.-taken! Topic

An owner appears to have dropped completely from WIS with no activity since 10/6. He has been replaced in several leagues I am in  but he has teams in 3 progressive leagues for which I am the Commissioner. I have approval from Admin. to transfer these 3 teams once I have suitable replacements.

Since these are progressive leagues I would want commitment for at least 3 future seasons. Rosters for the 3 teams and a brief description of the leagues involved follows. I will be happy to answer any questions by site mail. I can also give anyone interested access to our private forum on a temporary basis. The openings will be filled on a first come-first served basis subject to my being satisfied with the track record of prospective owners. If interested, please indicate which team you would like.
10/23/2010 4:46 PM (edited)
The first team is the Cleveland Rock and Rolls(the name can be changed), playing in National League Park II in Cleveland. The team is 16-27 tied for last in the 6 team division (another team is only 17-26) and if that W/L percentage continues the team would get one of the top 4 draft picks for next season. This team will be a rebuilding task. However, over the next few seasons there are a number of great players entering the league as rookies and in 1901/1902 (5 seasons away) the number of available players doubles. 

The league is the Alpha League, a 12 team league which progresses 2 seasons at a time. The current season is 1891/1892, next season will be 1893/1894. Each season you get to select which of the 2 seasons each of your players will use (obviously if the player only had one qualifying season you must use that one). Among the 1893/1894 rookies are 1B Fred Tenney, SS Bobby Wallace, OF Fred Clark and P Jesse Tannehil.

Following is the current roster for the team:

C Farmer Vaughn1891, Tom Kinslow 1892
1B Perr Werden 1891, Dave Foutz 1892
2B Jack Crooks 1891
3B Bill Kuehne 1891, Billy Alford 1891
SS Bob Allen 1892, Shorty Fuller
OF Harry Stovey 1891, Cliff Carroll 1891, Pop Corkhill 1891, Tim O'Rourke 1892
      Jim Burns 1891, Spud Johnson 1891, Sandy Griffin 1891, Fred Carroll 1891
P   Sadie McMahon 1891, Bob Caruthers 1891, John Thornton 1891, John Dolan 1891
     Jack easton 1891, Pink Hawley 1892, George Maekim 1891, Ed Beatin 1891
10/23/2010 4:08 PM (edited)
The second team is the Cincinnati Reds playing in Riverfront Stadium. The team is currently 16-61, considerably the worst record in the league although I think it could do better with hands on management. It is cerainly a rebuilding task but due to the league structure, as described below, there will be many great rookies coming into the league over the next few years.

The league is the Old Timers-All Timers (OTAT) League, a unique progressive progressing one year at a time starting in 1901 but adding the rookie year of selected star players every year. The league has 16 teams with four 4 team divisions. As an  example, the current season is 1904 but in addition to 1904 rookies the rookie years of selected star players in 1924, 1934, 1944 etc. through 1984 were added. Next year stars from 1925, 1935, 1945 etc. will be added. Next years rookies will include C Mickey Cochrane & Gary Carter, 1B Lou Gehrig, Keith Hernandez and Tony Perez, 2B Red Schoendienst & Willie Randolph, 3B Ken Boyer & Harmon Killebrew, SS Rico Petrocellie, OF Ty Cobb(1905), Al Kaline, Roberto Clemente & Fred Lynn and P Lefty Grove, Red Ruffing, Steve Carlton, Phil Niekro, Jim Palmer, Jim Bunning & Catfish Hunter. Although this is probably a bigger rebuilding task the Cleveland above, I believe with astute drafting the team can be turned around pretty quickly.

Following is the current roster for the team:

C Bob Boone 1974, Admiral Schlei 1904
1B Dan McGann 1904, Andy Thornton 1974
2B Don Buford 1964, Frank White 1974
3B George Brett 1974
SS Chris Speier 1974, Tony Fernandez 1984
OF Kirby Puckett 1984, Kevin McReynolds 1984, Jimm Barrett 1904, Jimmy Sheckard 1904, Don Baylor 1974
P   Mark Langston 1984, Jack Sutthoff 1904, Art Fowler 1954, Tom Fisher 1904, Mark Gubicza 1984, Jesse Stovall 1904
     Roger Clemens 1984, Luis Tiant 1964, Charlie Jaeger 1904, Del Mason 1904, Ambrose Puttmann 1904
10/23/2010 4:44 PM (edited)
The third team is the Montreal Expos playing in Olympic Stadium. Their current record is 35-27, tied for 2nd in the 5 team division. The league has 20 teams with four 5 team divisions. The league is a double year progressive progressing one year at a time. The league started in 1901/1961, the current season is 1905/1965. This team is not a rebuilding task but is a contender.

Following is the current roster for the team:

C Elston Howard 1965, Buck Rodgers 1965
1B Harry Davis 1905
2B Bobby Richardson 1965, Sandy Alomar 1965
3B Max Alvis 1965, Ed Charles 1965, Bob Aspromonte 1965
SS Freddy Parent 1905, George McBride 1905
OF Tommy Harper 1965, Willie Keeler 1905, Harrly Lumley 1905, Ken Berry 1965, Matty McIntyre 1905
P    Jack Cjesbro 1905, Jack taylor 1905, Willie Sudhoff 1905, John Buzhardt 1965, Gaylord Perry 1965
       Hoyt Wilhelm 1965, Bill Bernhard 1905, Barney Wolfe 1905, Rudy May 1965, Bill Stafford 1965
10/23/2010 4:43 PM (edited)
Do I get any reward for taking all 3 teams?? :)
10/23/2010 9:19 PM
I will give a gift certificate for one free team ($13.00) if you take all 3 teams.
10/23/2010 10:03 PM
I'd take the Alpha and OTAT teams if chargingryno doesn't want them.
10/23/2010 10:18 PM
Shawbig - you can have those two teams if you want them. I will still take last team though. I love the 60's and the 70's Its myfavorite era.

Dspahlinger- if you're looking for another team, I'm running a 1969 replay progressive. We're still in the recruitment phase but only need 2 owners to fill!
10/23/2010 10:42 PM
Sounds good to me. Just need approval from dspahlinger now.
10/23/2010 11:05 PM
OK, you are both very experienced owners. I will contact admin. to transfer the Alpha and OTAT teams to shawbigred and the 1905/1965 team to chargingryno. I will give both access to the respective private forums immediately.

To reiterate, you have both committed to at least 3 future seasons in your respective leagues. I hope it will be many more than that
10/24/2010 10:58 AM (edited)
Posted by chargingryno on 10/23/2010 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Shawbig - you can have those two teams if you want them. I will still take last team though. I love the 60's and the 70's Its myfavorite era.

Dspahlinger- if you're looking for another team, I'm running a 1969 replay progressive. We're still in the recruitment phase but only need 2 owners to fill!
I signed up for the 1969 replay
10/24/2010 9:22 AM
chargingryno, I note that you said you are running the 1969 replay progressive. The classified forum shows the league is being run by just4me with help from magracefan-please explain.
10/24/2010 11:56 AM
I am chargingryno & magracefan :)  
10/24/2010 1:59 PM
OK thats cool, just wanted to understand
10/24/2010 3:50 PM
3 Free teams available in 3 different prog.-taken! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.