Another tragedy averted by an armed citizen Topic

Quote post by antonsirius on 1/15/2011 2:17:00 AM:
She used a phrase she saw being tossed around that she thought had some oomph to it without bothering to look it up, and as a result made a rather horrifically offensive comparison.

Funny, I've often thought that swamp's posts did this...reminds me of a line from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe:

"A personal friend?'  inquired the Vogon, who had heard the expression somewhere once and decided to try it out.
1/15/2011 4:15 AM
And Anton, like the media in general, want to talk about Palin's gaffe and not the issue.

The left wants to tie this to Tea Party and Conservatives in general. They keep doing the tap dance of "We know they didnt cause it, but their actions could cause it so its their fault".

1/15/2011 2:05 PM
I don't tap dance around it. I was saying that ages ago -- that the rhetoric of Limbaugh and Beck and the rest were creating an environment in which violence was an acceptable way to resolve political differences.

I don't think the Tucson shooting is a particularly good example of it though. The Tennessee church shooting, the cop shootings in Pittsburgh and Oakland... all far better examples of the impact of the bullshit being fed to the right wing in a daily basis.

Look at my clash with malone. He (claims he) thinks liberals calling Palin stupid is the moral equivalent to Nazi propaganda. The only logical response to a Nazi-like level of evil is to stop them by any means necessary, up to and including violence.

If you believe the lies Beck and Limbaugh and the rest tell their viewers, then you should feel like you have to choice but to take up arms against Obama and the Democrats and the evil they represent.
1/16/2011 1:26 PM
So if you believe that Bush lied to start the war and that the Repulicans are destroying the middle class you have no option but to take up arms against them.

The difference of course is no one in the media would ever tie a violent act to left wing speech.

You are tap dancing....Particularly good example, are better examples. Is Tucson caused by the right speech or not? You want to be able to say it is but have an out.

If political speech causes crazy people to commit murders than I guess that is the price we must pay for a free society!
1/16/2011 7:57 PM
I do not believe Bush or the Republicans represent a Nazi-like level of evil, you pathetic fucktard. Take your moral relativism and shove it so far up your *** you choke on it.
1/16/2011 8:15 PM
And for the record, I do think our use of torture rises to that level, and have struggled a hell of a lot with my impotence to do anything about it.
1/16/2011 8:26 PM
And I dont think Obama is Hitler.

That doesnt mean that the comments and reactions of the rank and file left are any different than the rank and file right.
1/16/2011 8:27 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/14/2011 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jiml60 on 1/14/2011 5:55:00 PM (view original):
It isnt a major gaffe. She used a phrase wrong.
She has a habit of doing that a lot, could it be her handlers can't rein her in, or she doesn't look up what she is planning to say - which would indicate to me she really is in over her head here.
Again she used the phrase in the wrong context.

The issue is why would the media spend all the time and effort addressing the gaffe and not the underlying issue!
She used a phrase without knowing if it applied to the issue at hand.  So who's fault is that?  Palin and her handlers or the so-called "liberal" media for constantly harping on it?

The fault is ultimately with Palin, she chose to use the phrase; regardless of whether she pulled it out of her *** or looked it up and then decided it fit, it still shows her idiocy.  That is why the media is spending all the time knocking her, she is an easy target, oops surveyor symbol.
1/17/2011 5:19 PM
Of course anything she does gets examined and rexamined and made fun of on all the comedy shows.

All people in the spotlight make mistakes, only Palin gets treated like Palin.
1/17/2011 6:54 PM
And again my views are leading America!

A bill before the Nebraska legislature would allow teachers to carry weapons to protect themselves and students.

In an article from the Washington Post critical of the idea (The Post critical of 2nd amendment freedoms...wow) the author cites that only 1 school district in the whole nation allows any guns on campus.

Since the guns are illegal I guess that means that no one ever brings a gun on campus!
1/20/2011 7:08 PM
bump for my awesomeness!
1/23/2011 3:35 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 1/8/2011 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if we should ask Arizona Congressperson Gabrielle Giffords what she thinks about this issue.

Not even an hour had passed, and here is the left using it for political positioning.

1/29/2011 12:16 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/23/2010 3:27:00 PM (view original):
I dont want anyone to die when these things happen, but in reality it happens. If someone killed the Columbine kids before they killed anyone I think we would all agree a tragey would have been averted.
No, three young kids dying is a tragedy regardless of their intentions. Amazing how little regard you have for human life that doesn't fall in line with your thinking.
3 young kids dying COULDN'T be averted, as two of the kids were sick and intended to do harm.

That is the fact that cannot be changed.  As swamp has said, there will always be evil, and tragedies to deal with,

The question is HOW to deal with them.

Had there been no "gun ban", it is likely the 2 kids wouldn't have been able to kill as many.

It took SWAT over 20 minutes to arrive, by which time the 2 kids had already comitted suicide,

When you enact a "gun ban" you only serve to turn potential victims into sitting ducks.
1/29/2011 12:25 PM
And of course this topic cannot even be discussed.

CNN will not allow this to be discussed. None of the networks cover this, except as a straight news piece.

One of the issues that the media covers far to the left is gun control. I dont think that anyone can argue that the issue of 2nd Amendment freedom is not something they mainstream media wants to talk about.
1/30/2011 5:13 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Another tragedy averted by an armed citizen Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.