what year would you like to see a progressive? Topic

I would like to start a progressive, preferably single year and i was trying to decide on a year. I was in a 1923/1946 progressive a while back that had two separate leagues within a league, 1923 in one conference and 1946 in the other that i enjoyed. I was looking for suggestions on ideas for years and hoped I could get some suggestions.

Thanks for any help
1/25/2011 6:36 PM
I am always of fan of early 60's progressives.  I am currently in a 50's as well that is a lot of fun.  I've never been in a progressive that began in the 30's...i may be interested in doing something like that. 

I definitely prefer single season progressives
1/25/2011 7:30 PM
I would think long and hard about a progressive that started before 1930.

It would have to be a single season.
1/25/2011 7:51 PM
I am sure there's a reason why no ones began (to my knowledge) a 1930s progressive, but its one of the few eras I haven't played yet.

How many teams are you thinking of? Personally I like 24 team leagues best...but I guess it depends on the year
1/25/2011 8:24 PM
I'm not sure on how many teams can be in a league. The 1923/46 progressive i was in was a prog prior to 1930, but i'd rather have 24 teams competing for a championship not just 12 in each league. Early 60's sounds like it could work. I'll look into it.
1/25/2011 11:26 PM
You should join progressives that are already started that need replacement owners!
1/26/2011 12:20 AM
i'll stick to drafting my own teams =]
1/26/2011 1:38 AM
2012
1/26/2011 4:42 AM
62 or 63 i'm thinkin
1/26/2011 1:34 PM
1946.  The war is over and new commish Happy Chandler puts his mark on baseball in hopes of drawing record crowds with a complete re-draft including all the biggest stars.  You have iconic players, integration in 47, the only problem would be filling 24 teams with players from 16.
1/26/2011 2:26 PM
which is a problem. I'd really like to see 24 teams. i think pre-1960 would be tough. 61 and 62 were expansion years with 2 being added in each year. I think it'd be a good year. 20 mlb teams to fill 24 progressive teams. 62 is the year after maris broke ruth's HR record.
1/26/2011 5:00 PM
I'm in a single season that started in '69 with 24 teams, matching real life.  It is difficult to field a team that has nearly enough innings, much less innings of any quality at all.  I don't think you could do 24 teams before '69 unless you had a large AAA. 
1/29/2011 8:14 PM
I'd be very interested if you were willing to start with 69 or 70.
1/30/2011 12:45 PM
I started one with '62 if you guys want to check it out.
1/30/2011 2:54 PM
what year would you like to see a progressive? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.