The left AND the right are destroying America! Topic

Posted by winnerpeg on 2/1/2011 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Thanks swamp.
Wow, then you probably really had it bad!
I do feel some empathy for you.
Well, I was getting flack from agnostics and atheists amongst the Liberals...yes, you heard me correctly, I was trying to help the Liberals. lol/groan
I still am trying to help them, but not in the areas I disagree with.
But I do believe in freedom of speech where I allow them to disagree with me as long as they allow me to disagree with them.
Unfortunately, they're as closed-minded as the Conservatives, just from the opposite view.
Winner, I think you can see what he is refering to by following this discussion from the Armed Citizen thread:

Quote post by swamphawk22 on 2/2/2011 2:33:00 PM:
It isnt like the gun would be in a glass case with a smash in case of emergency sign.

And when someone is shooting people the last concern should be someone trying to shoot them might miss.

Quote post by antonsirius on 2/2/2011 3:06:00 PM:
That's likely your last concern, sure, because your world view is disgusting and anti-human. People dying isn't a tragedy to you so long as they are the right people, or their deaths service your political cause.

For the rest of us, I think innocent kids getting shot because a teacher is firing wildly into a crowd in a moment of panic is indeed a concern.

Quote post by swamphawk22 on 2/3/2011 4:56:00 AM:

You dont care who dies as long as your agenda remains intact.

I admit that I think killing one person to save 10 is a good thing.

I am trying to understand why you dont?

Quote post by antonsirius on 2/3/2011 9:49:00 AM:
No fucktard, you're not. You're just lying about my position and spewing bullshit again.

This is quite common, when trying to "discuss" controversial issues with members of the left.

Or they get a very "intellectually superior" attitude. Obviously if anyone is disagreeing with their "intellectually superior" view the dissenter MUST be a dumb-***.

2/3/2011 6:38 PM
1) I'm not "of the left", despite swamp's lies. I'm not of any particular persuasion really, but you could as easily call my positions libertarian as liberal. For instance, I'm pro-2nd amendment, pro-personal responsibility and personal freedom, anti-universal health care in the US, etc. These are all positions I've clearly articulated in these forums, yet swamp ignores them and attempts to portray me as an "ivory tower liberal". It's tiresome.

2) The venom I spew at swamp, he's earned by being consistently deceitful in political and other conversations. He lies about my positions -- as he was doing in the very exchange you quoted -- and after literally years of watching him do it, I finally no longer saw any need to be polite to him. He's a serial liar, and he should be scorned and shunned. That's got nothing to do with his politics, and everything to do with how he conducts himself.

To use that specific example as somehow indicative of how 'the left' deals with 'anyone who disagrees with them' is sloppy at best.
2/3/2011 7:10 PM
<<<I'm not of any particular persuasion really>>>

This is an interesting comment. I recently was challenged, by you, to find any evidence that you are a liberal. I couldnt.

I found you attacking positions, but I never found you standing up for one single value, or defending anyone!

You lean to the left, as your attacks against the Tea Party and the War in Iraq might show, but you stand for nothing.

When someone attacks me I amy assume a left wing belief. When someone attacks me over and over I get more solid in my belief.

What you should say is you find fault in anyone who stands up for anything.
2/3/2011 7:36 PM
Posted by meanceprimea on 2/3/2011 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by winnerpeg on 2/1/2011 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Thanks swamp.
Wow, then you probably really had it bad!
I do feel some empathy for you.
Well, I was getting flack from agnostics and atheists amongst the Liberals...yes, you heard me correctly, I was trying to help the Liberals. lol/groan
I still am trying to help them, but not in the areas I disagree with.
But I do believe in freedom of speech where I allow them to disagree with me as long as they allow me to disagree with them.
Unfortunately, they're as closed-minded as the Conservatives, just from the opposite view.
Winner, I think you can see what he is refering to by following this discussion from the Armed Citizen thread:

Quote post by swamphawk22 on 2/2/2011 2:33:00 PM:
It isnt like the gun would be in a glass case with a smash in case of emergency sign.

And when someone is shooting people the last concern should be someone trying to shoot them might miss.

Quote post by antonsirius on 2/2/2011 3:06:00 PM:
That's likely your last concern, sure, because your world view is disgusting and anti-human. People dying isn't a tragedy to you so long as they are the right people, or their deaths service your political cause.

For the rest of us, I think innocent kids getting shot because a teacher is firing wildly into a crowd in a moment of panic is indeed a concern.

Quote post by swamphawk22 on 2/3/2011 4:56:00 AM:

You dont care who dies as long as your agenda remains intact.

I admit that I think killing one person to save 10 is a good thing.

I am trying to understand why you dont?

Quote post by antonsirius on 2/3/2011 9:49:00 AM:
No fucktard, you're not. You're just lying about my position and spewing bullshit again.

This is quite common, when trying to "discuss" controversial issues with members of the left.

Or they get a very "intellectually superior" attitude. Obviously if anyone is disagreeing with their "intellectually superior" view the dissenter MUST be a dumb-***.

I didn't know about that other thread.
Please provide a link for me, for my future reference.

Now regarding the leftists:

---yes, that is one complaint I have about my fellow liberals, their snobbish attitude in certain topics.

but

the right has the same selfish attitude regarding certain other topics (should i explain, or not? the other topics are NOT regarding guns).

This is why I'm disappointed with both sides.
I'm also disappointed with centrists since they're typically lacking passion, unlike the left and the right seemingly having an infiniti amount of passion. LOL
2/3/2011 11:51 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 2/3/2011 7:10:00 PM (view original):
1) I'm not "of the left", despite swamp's lies. I'm not of any particular persuasion really, but you could as easily call my positions libertarian as liberal. For instance, I'm pro-2nd amendment, pro-personal responsibility and personal freedom, anti-universal health care in the US, etc. These are all positions I've clearly articulated in these forums, yet swamp ignores them and attempts to portray me as an "ivory tower liberal". It's tiresome.

2) The venom I spew at swamp, he's earned by being consistently deceitful in political and other conversations. He lies about my positions -- as he was doing in the very exchange you quoted -- and after literally years of watching him do it, I finally no longer saw any need to be polite to him. He's a serial liar, and he should be scorned and shunned. That's got nothing to do with his politics, and everything to do with how he conducts himself.

To use that specific example as somehow indicative of how 'the left' deals with 'anyone who disagrees with them' is sloppy at best.
I'll keep this in mind for further consideration.
Thanks.
2/3/2011 11:53 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/3/2011 7:36:00 PM (view original):
<<<I'm not of any particular persuasion really>>>

This is an interesting comment. I recently was challenged, by you, to find any evidence that you are a liberal. I couldnt.

I found you attacking positions, but I never found you standing up for one single value, or defending anyone!

You lean to the left, as your attacks against the Tea Party and the War in Iraq might show, but you stand for nothing.

When someone attacks me I amy assume a left wing belief. When someone attacks me over and over I get more solid in my belief.

What you should say is you find fault in anyone who stands up for anything.
I am delaying responding to this, other than my typing what's in this comment of mine.
I've been learning that "timing is everything", plus I don't yet know enough to respond with specific wisdom :)
2/3/2011 11:54 PM
This is for meanceprimea:

"I admit that I think killing one person to save 10 is a good thing. 

I am trying to understand why you dont?"

That was swamp's vicious mischaracterization of my position, immediately following a post in which I specifically listed stopping a spree before it happened as a positive in an objective risk/reward analysis of arming teachers. And that, sadly, is entirely typical of his interactions with everyone he "debates" on this site, not just me.

Explain to me why I should be polite and civil to someone who lies about me that easily, and that consistently.
2/4/2011 12:23 AM
Posted by antonsirius on 2/4/2011 12:23:00 AM (view original):
This is for meanceprimea:

"I admit that I think killing one person to save 10 is a good thing. 

I am trying to understand why you dont?"

That was swamp's vicious mischaracterization of my position, immediately following a post in which I specifically listed stopping a spree before it happened as a positive in an objective risk/reward analysis of arming teachers. And that, sadly, is entirely typical of his interactions with everyone he "debates" on this site, not just me.

Explain to me why I should be polite and civil to someone who lies about me that easily, and that consistently.
Your clinical analysis in that one thread doesnt change your earlier comments.

You blasted me for being happy about a shooter being shot. Your splitting hairs over my use of the phrase "Tragedy averted"  as proving what an evil person I am.

Again lets get it out. Try to actually take a stand and say what you believe.
2/4/2011 12:56 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/16/2010 4:48:00 PM:
Although I feel sorry for the direction his life took and for the sorrow of his family a psychotic hostage taker killing himself isnt a tragedy, its a solution.

That was your clarification of your position after I called you out in that thread for how disgusting your attitude was regarding what happened in Florida.

That's not splitting hairs over what the definition of tragedy. That's you expressing a thoroughly callous, reprehensible and repulsive view of the world.
2/4/2011 1:13 AM
I thank anton and swamp for proving my thread title's point quite "nicely"!
2/4/2011 6:04 AM
Posted by antonsirius on 2/4/2011 1:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/16/2010 4:48:00 PM:
Although I feel sorry for the direction his life took and for the sorrow of his family a psychotic hostage taker killing himself isnt a tragedy, its a solution.

That was your clarification of your position after I called you out in that thread for how disgusting your attitude was regarding what happened in Florida.

That's not splitting hairs over what the definition of tragedy. That's you expressing a thoroughly callous, reprehensible and repulsive view of the world.
It isnt a clarification, it is my position. I dont need multiple layers of nuance to talk to people.

Call it what you will but I cannot be sad over a mass murderer being stopped.

If you get out in reality a little more you will find that a handful of bad and or crazy people are screwing up society for all the rest of us.
2/4/2011 6:06 AM
A handful of bad and/or crazy people are screwing up society for all the rest of us?
Sounds like typical WIS Pitsters to me! lol
(dung, that might include me then, with the rest of you nuts, regardless of political persuasion, or lack thereof ;)
2/4/2011 4:40 PM
Posted by winnerpeg on 2/4/2011 4:40:00 PM (view original):
A handful of bad and/or crazy people are screwing up society for all the rest of us?
Sounds like typical WIS Pitsters to me! lol
(dung, that might include me then, with the rest of you nuts, regardless of political persuasion, or lack thereof ;)
It is reality. The percentage of people in America who commit violent crimes is small. The vast majority are committed by a handful of people.

That is why 3 strike laws are productive. Get the problems behind bars or executed and the rest of us can live normal lives.
2/4/2011 4:51 PM
◂ Prev 123
The left AND the right are destroying America! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.