Prolonged Power Progressive - Need 1 Topic

This progressive will center around the members of the 500 HR club.

Each owner will select one member of the club.  For a list, go here:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/HR_career.shtml

Each owner will start with his hitter's rookie season.  We will progressively draft our players through each season of their careers, but each year, you will twist their teammates from that season.  So if you select Barry Bonds, then in Season 1 you'd draft '86 Bonds and twist the '86 Pirates.

We'll go as many seasons as we can.  As soon as one player retires, the progressive is done...we will not stretch it out in an attempt to get every hitter all their seasons, so choose wisely.  If your hitter played a split season (ie: McGwire, 97 A's and Cardinals) then you will select ONE of those teams.  You will take your hitter's full season, but only twist one of his two teams.

We will go with a $100mil cap, but to make it a little more challenging, no AAA, no DH, no trades, no WW.

There are 25 hitters in the club.  We'll start by shooting for a 24 team league, but obviously, with choices dwindling near the end, we may have to settle for 16 or 20.  I'll select when 8 owners are in.
11/30/2010 4:35 AM
We need a new owner to take over the Manny Ramirez team in its second season.  You will be starting with 1994 Manny and twisting the '94 Indians.

Harmon Killebrew or Ernie Banks is also available if someone new wants to saddle up.
11/30/2010 4:37 AM
Someone new? I thought this was the league's first season...
12/2/2010 1:55 AM
I'll take Manny. 

 How close is this league to starting? How much time do I have to draft?

 I'm assuming that I can twist anyone who played for Cleveland in 1994, according to baseball-reference.com.

12/2/2010 1:56 AM
We're entering season two.  I've sent you a sitemail
12/2/2010 2:15 AM
Entering Season 4.

We need an owner for the following teams:

'89 Bonds
'54 Mantle
'70 Reggie Jackson



You will draft one of the players listed above (season-specific) and then twist their teammates.

 Sitemail me if interested.

6/25/2011 12:29 PM (edited)

I'll take Reggie Jackson

6/24/2011 9:14 PM
Welcome scotty...and crazyamos has taken the Mantle team.
6/25/2011 12:29 PM
Just need a taker for Bonds
6/27/2011 11:47 AM
Prolonged Power Progressive - Need 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.