1 owners needed for a progressive which started in 1970 and will be entering it's 9th season (1978). The league is a single season progressive, no WW or AAA, DH in AL only.This has been a very stable league, with 14 of the 16 owners in since inception and one other in since season 2. The open team is the Oakland Athletics. During the draft for 1976 the owner failed to make timely draft picks, didn't make the last 3 or 4 picks and didn't enter the team. The team had a record of 49-113 during the previous season (1975). Because of the owner's failure to make timely draft picks the team was in very bad shape for the 1976 season so I kept it as a 2nd team because I felt it would be unfair to a new owner. The team finished with a 21-141 (.130) record for 1976. I decided to keep the team for the 1977 season to continue the rebuilding effort. The team has a respectable 66-79 (.455) record for 1977 so far and I feel is now in a position to continue to build and become a playoff contender so I am looking for a new owner.If interested, I will give you immediate access to the league's private forum. I have already posted keepers for the team but those are of course subject to change by a new owner. We have 17 games left in the season, not all owners have yet posted keepers, and it will be at least a week before the 1978 draft starts. The current season ends on April 8.
The current keeper list for the Athletics is posted below.
The 1978 draft has concluded (draft picks are shown below) and the team has been entered. The season has not yet started so a new owner can revise the lineup and pitching rotation. I will give the team to a qualified owner willing to commit to at least 3 more seasons.
4/15/2012 6:48 AM (edited)