Pitcher in-game fatigue - problem? Topic

I just realized something about in-game fatigue. Based on Live play, it appears as if the drop in stamina from 100% to 85%, where most users take their guys out, is fairly linear, before the % drops off fairly rapidly afterward. This means that on any given AB, a pitcher starting out at 100% is on average pitching with 92.5% stamina. Even if it's not linear, I doubt that number would be significantly higher than 95.

A batter's fatigue does not change in game, so a batter starting out at 100% will be batting on average at 100% stamina.

My question is, is this being accounted for at all? Does a pitcher pitch his "real" values at some number lower than 100%? If this is not the case, don't batters get an artificial advantage?

With people talking about hitting beating pitching in the game, I thought this was worth asking. I apologize if there's some obvious answer here that I'm overlooking.

Edit: I guess another solution would be to apply the peak at some value below 100, and then have the pitcher actually start there instead of 100, and then have him continue longer at that stamina than he would otherwise. Basically, just flattening the curve. But Live does not suggest that they're doing this.
9/28/2009 7:36 PM
i never thought I'd be able to answer a question about live play, since it isn't exactly my favorite thing on the site, but this topic was discussed in the council forums not too long ago...

The answer we were given is that the in game fatigue percentage shown in live is initially informational only... The pitcher doesn't begin to lose effectiveness immediately when he drops below 100%. It's to get the live manager thinking about a pitching change. So, yes. He does pitch at his real stats while his live fatigue is at some percentage below 100%

They didn't give the exact percentage when in game fatigue starts to kick in.
9/29/2009 7:49 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/29/2009 8:28 AM
Thanks John, I should have looked for the exact post myself.
9/29/2009 10:50 AM
Pitcher in-game fatigue - problem? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.