Has anyone ever drafted a team with all GREAT hitters and crappy fielders?
9/30/2009 1:21 PM
Surely someone has...I'd be interested to know how that worked.
9/30/2009 1:57 PM
I had a team like this in the Random Captain league. My captain was Bert Cunningham (played 1887-1901) and I had to draft a team made up of his teammates. Some great hitters there -- led the league in Runs, BA, OBP -- but the 346 errors killed any playoff chances the team had. Keep in mind, nobody played even an inning out of position all season. Finished 76-86.
9/30/2009 2:33 PM
I once made a team for sim match up with all A/D- fielders. They were pretty good, but not spectacular.
9/30/2009 5:06 PM
i was in a league where you either had to have b or better or c or worse. whichever way you chose, no player could have any rating, at any position, better, or worse, depending on which side of the fence you chose. i went with the c or worse. i think the fielding side of the ratings is much more predictable, much truer to form. players who made a lot of errors in RL, made a lot of errors in the SIM. range is much less predictable. Painting with a very broad brush, my opinion is that the ratings don't matter as much as they should. generally, if you stay in the middle of the pack, you'll be ok. but i have had excellent defensive results, personally, and there is also a great deal of anecdotal evidence in the forums, that A+++ OF's can be worthwhile in any of the larger outfields. D rated firlders won't kill you, but D- fielders might. Look at some of the 19teen infielders...Honus will hit, but do you want 60+ errors from your SS?
10/1/2009 3:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.