Effective Strategy Topic

Hey, I'm wondering why it seems that a lot of the same types of teams win the titles, SimLeague after SimLeague...

Is there a strategy that you (or someone else) consistentley employ with great success, more than just Up Tempo and Press, for example. What I mean is: the type of players you use, and what is important in building a team. Just looking for ideas, not the key to victory or anything...
11/20/2009 8:34 PM
getting more quality possessions than your opponent.

ie - more rebounds and high efg% without turning the ball over 20+ times a game.
11/21/2009 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ashamael on 11/21/2009getting more quality possessions than your opponent.

ie - more rebounds & high efg% without turning the ball over 20+ times a game
thanks, ashmael...
11/21/2009 2:47 PM
nash-allen-peja-rodman-moses

run uptempo

guaranteed 50+ wins

but then your gonna look like every other team and should feel no personal satisfaction when you win....i think its more fun trying to find teams that can beat that team
11/21/2009 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dh555 on 11/21/2009nash-allen-peja-rodman-moses

run uptempo

guaranteed 50+ wins

but then your gonna look like every other team and should feel no personal satisfaction when you win....i think its more fun trying to find teams that can beat that tea
Could you put some numbers before those names please......LOL!
11/22/2009 9:16 AM
07-08 nash

rest most expensive (though u can get the 269 3pm ray or any of the top rodmans (just run a rodman rotation).

Plus you get a good 6th man (many go another nash or another rodman, some go for more firepower).

It's refreshingly unoriginal!
11/22/2009 12:17 PM
I'm wondering why it seems that a lot of the same types of teams win the titles-

Because those teams are good at everything. Low t/o and fouls, fair defense, excellent eFG, lots of 3's and rebounds and fair to great assists.

Of course IRL, lack of defense has cost Nash and Peja playoff success, but in WIS defense can be meaningless.
11/22/2009 8:11 PM
they aren't that low TO though, and they have low FTA.

Those are the things that puzzle me.
11/22/2009 9:41 PM
Sure enough, right you are ash. forgot about moses
11/22/2009 10:08 PM
nash turns the ball over a ton, too.
11/22/2009 11:27 PM
does anyone in here actually call out the cookie cutter owners when they are in your OL? My last few I as soon as the league started and the teams would pop up I would ask the owner how they ever came up with the idea for those teams, and increasingly they stopped responding. Shows me 100% that they know they are POS cookie cutter owners
11/24/2009 9:01 PM
Effective Strategy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.