2009-2010 Player Patch Topic

Granted WIS doesn't murder the ratings of players, I'm extremely fired up to use some of the seasons taking place this year. In no particular order:

1. Bron (obv)
29, 7, and 8 with a steal and block per. Not to mention 50% from the field and only 1.8 fpg with close to 40 mpg. An absolute monster of a season.

2. Sideshow Bob
Solid bench player in a 47mil or 52mil cap league. 8 and 8 with 2.6 oreb/game and would should be a great defense rating.

3. Josh Smith
15, 8.5, 4 dimes per. Sick defensive stats (1.5 steals, 2.1 blocks). No question a 90+ d rating and 51% from the field. Best minutes of any of his seasons so far.

4. Kevin Durant
29 ppg (will finish the season with 30+), 7 rebs a game with 100% SG EFF, great 3 point and FT #'s, 1.4 rips/close to one swat per game. His first of many monster seasons.

5. Zach Randolph
I feel like he is going to pop up all over theme and open leagues. 21 and 11 with 4.6 rebs a game coming on the offensive glass. 50% FG. 2.6 FPG. His defense shouldn't be great, but WIS gave Troy Murphy a 96, so Randolph could become a MVP type player in today's SIM.

6. Marc Gasol
A better version of Varejao. 15 and 9 with a steal and a block per. He could be moose in high cap leagues.

7. Brandon Roy
His best season yet. 23, 5, and 5 with a steal per. Should have 50%+ efg and great FT #'s. 38 minutes a game will be nice as well.

8. Martell Webster
A JR Smith in 07-08 type year. Should be a great ODL bench player.

9. Rajon Rondo
Becoming JKidd-esque with an even worse jumper. 14, 4, and 10 with 2.5 rips per. 53% shooting is awesome. He could be a force.

10. Gerald Wallace
18 and 11 with 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks a game. A disruptive demon. His rebound numbers trump even Marion's in his prime from the 3. He prob. will sport a +50% efg to boot.

11. DWade

27, 5, and 6. 1.8 steals. A MASSIVE 1.2 blocks from the 2. Only 2.2 fpg. Might not be as nasty as his 08-09 campaign, but pretty damn close.

12. Brendan Hawyood
An absolute shocker. He is desirable for his 55% shooting from the field, 4.3 orebs and 10.6 total boards/game, and his 2+ blocks per. Will be a solid low usage force in the paint.

14. Jason Kidd
Almost identical to his 08-09 season that has become a stalwart from some of the WISNBA studs.

15. Steve Nash
It's incredible. His seasons are perfect for today's engine. 18 and 11 with absurd efg? Yes, please. He is also compiling solid minutes - open leaguers are salivating.

16. Goran Dragic
Going to be a GREAT bench player. A 3 pt gunner with solid percentages. He will pop up more than you think.

17. Channing Frye
This season's Troy Murphy. They better give him an awful D rating, or he is going to be on an absurd amount of winning teams. A block and 2 3pointers a game from the a guy with SF/PF eligibility - huge. Plus his usage, ppg, and rpg aren't that awful and can be built around fairly easily.

18. Kobe
A TMac 02-03 SIM season in the works.

19. Andrew Bynum
Going to be a fantastic 47M and a good ODL player. 58% from the field, 1.6 blocks, and good rebound numbers for his minutes played. Plus, his fouls per game are down.

20. Pau Gasol
A nasty season. 17 and 11 with 3.6 of his boards coming on the offensive glass. 54% from the field and 83% from the line. His minutes aren't the greatest, but he is putting up Walton-esque numbers.

21. Chauncey Billups
His best SIM season since 05-06. 19 ppg. 6 dimes per. RIDIC efg with 2 3's per. I will use this season the second it is available.

22. Chris Andersen
Great boards and blocks per minute. Awesome bench player. Should be 95+ d rating.

23. David Lee
His SIM legend grows. 19 and 11 with a steal per game. 56% shooting ain't too shabby either. His d rating should drop below 60, but defense is an afterthought in today's SIM.

24. Danilo Gallinari
Just because I love him. His 3pt numbers are excellent, but not sure how the rest of his game will translate to the engine. He could be incredibly useful.

25. Chris Bosh
A career year. 24 and 11 and with 3 orebs a game and a swat per. Shooting 52% from the field and 78% from the line. He has one useful SIM year right now - expect this season to be on a ton of winning teams.

26. Chris Paul
Not on pace for his 07-08 and 08-09 monster seasons, but an awesomely consistent SIM God at this point. uvasooner declared he might be the most valuable player in the engine.

27. Carl Landry
Going to be an incredibly efficient big cap player. 15 and six with 56% shooting and what should be great defense from a 100% 3/4.

28. Marcus Camby
Lower scoring #'s and a lower fg% than we are used to by the Camby-man, but a solid defensive season and great rebound numbers.

29. Kevin Love
An unbelievable SIM season in the works. 15 and 12 with great oboard numbers. If he gets his fg% up, he will be used beyond belief.

30. Brook Lopez
Could finish with 20 and 10. 2 blocks and 2 dimes per don't hurt. Over 50% shooting. A very nice season from a guy who could be very good in the league.

Honorable mention: Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Andrew Bogut, Kendrick Perkins, Ray Felton, Antawan Jamison, Dirk (can't get over his low boards and dimes), Robin Lopez, Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, Carmelo (feel like his usage will be too high - not enough 3s and rebs), Matt Bonner, Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli, Carlos Boozer (low mins coming, but a sick season so far), David West, Luis Scola, Chris Kaman (on the verge on being a great SIM season), Eric Gordon.

Dishonorable mention: Vince Carter.

Let's hear your input. A great season in the works for impact players in the SIM.
1/28/2010 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By shapandrew7 on 1/28/2010

5. Zach Randolph
I feel like he is going to pop up all over theme and open leagues. 21 and 11 with 4.6 rebs a game coming on the offensive glass. 50% FG. 2.6 FPG. His defense shouldn't be great, but WIS gave Troy Murphy a 96, so Randolph could become a MVP type player in today's SIM.

actually WIS gave iterations/fragments of Randolph's 07-08 & 08-09 seasons (as a Knick? wtf?) a 90+ so you're looking good
1/28/2010 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By monkee on 1/28/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By shapandrew7 on 1/28/2010

5. Zach Randolph

actually WIS gave iterations/fragments of Randolph's 07-08 & 08-09 seasons (as a Knick? wtf?) a 90+ so you're looking good
let me just rant a bit more on this fact - seble you jackass I hope you are listening - as a freakin Knick Zach Randolph has 90+ d ratings in the last two seasons - in both seasons the knicks were in the bottom 3 in opp fg% and in 07-08 the Knicks were next to last in D rating

seble, you are either a flat out liar or clearly incompetent
1/28/2010 10:20 PM
and zach randolph couldn't cover a rec leaguer. i don't want to take away from his current season and the point of this thread, but monk is dead on. his current def. ratings are an abomination.
1/28/2010 10:22 PM
nice narration and complilation, shap! thanks!
1/29/2010 2:20 AM
Thanks, Scud. Figured we needed something to chew on with the All Star break upon us.
1/29/2010 7:38 AM
anthony morrow will be a solid 3pt gunner.....about half his shots are 3s and he shoots it at 44%...probably needs higher usage tho
1/29/2010 3:48 PM
Noah is putting up big numbers/min. Nice if he played around 36 vs. 33 a game, though. Kills me to say it too, I didn't think he'd transition well, but he manned up.
1/29/2010 10:07 PM
florida boy...
1/30/2010 2:31 AM
2009-2010 Player Patch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.