You know it’s not your day when..... Topic

You see the following in the play-by-play :

Manute Bol buries a 3pt jumper from straight away.
3/18/2010 9:04 AM
There was actually a stretch during Bol's time in Golden State when Don Nelson gave him the green light to just stand out on the perimeter and chuck threes. Bol was too ineffective to do much of anything else on offense (despite his height), and he did connect on a trey every now and then.
3/18/2010 9:37 AM
I still vaguely remember the sportscenter highlight from when I was a kid... wasn't there a game where he hit something like 6 threes?

3/18/2010 3:43 PM
I don't remember...legends like that tend to grow with time!

I do remember the (hopefully true) anecdote from his USBL days of breaking his teeth on the rim the first time he ever tried to dunk.
3/18/2010 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By redman27 on 3/18/2010
I still vaguely remember the sportscenter highlight from when I was a kid... wasn't there a game where he hit something like 6 threes?

Yes, I thought it was 7
3/18/2010 4:56 PM
I remember that game redman... I was like WTF is going on. I want to say he was with the Bullets, though I'm sure I could be way off.
3/18/2010 5:38 PM
His jumpshot started behind his head and reached 11 feet before it his hands! It was a red jersey- bullets or sixers I think
3/18/2010 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By redman27 on 3/18/2010His jumpshot started behind his head and reached 11 feet before it his hands! It was a red jersey- bullets or sixers I think
I used to purposely shoot like this sometimes in elementary school and probably still could if asked lol
3/18/2010 9:08 PM
You know it’s not your day when..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.