Prorated Waiver Wire Stats Topic

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a thread or threads which discuss how ww pickups are prorated?  In other words, although I could be very wrong (which is all too often), but I was under the impression that a player's plate appearances and innings pitched are prorated based on the number of games that have played and that your team has left.  For example, under my interpretation, I always thought that if you selected a player off the wire after game number 80, but before game 75, you would get 50% of whatever his RL plate appearances or innings pitched were.  And if you picked up a player anytime after game number 75, you would only get 25%.

As mentioned, I could be very wrong, but can anyone offer any helpful insight on this particular topic aside from the obvious of staying OFF the wire?   Thanks. 
9/25/2010 2:56 PM
If you've grabbed someone after game 80 but before game 75, you've developed time travel and can ignore the waiver wire. Instead, just wait until your season is almost over, then go back in time and redraft your team to get rid of underperformers.

I believe that what you get for PA/IP is just a percentage of their RL stats matching where you are in the season. If you've played 65% of the schedule and add someone, you get 65% of his RL PA/IP.
9/25/2010 9:02 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 9/25/2010 9:02:00 PM (view original):
If you've grabbed someone after game 80 but before game 75, you've developed time travel and can ignore the waiver wire. Instead, just wait until your season is almost over, then go back in time and redraft your team to get rid of underperformers.

I believe that what you get for PA/IP is just a percentage of their RL stats matching where you are in the season. If you've played 65% of the schedule and add someone, you get 65% of his RL PA/IP.
I think what you kmean is, if you've played 65% of the schedule and add someone, you get 35% of his RL PA/IP.

Is is RL, or /162?  It seems punitive to those players who played in seasons that weren't 162 games to base it on RL appearances.
9/26/2010 7:07 PM
Its per 162.
9/26/2010 7:38 PM
Prorated Waiver Wire Stats Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.