Time Lapse Regressive Season 2: FULL Topic

The Time Lapse Regressive


 
How do you turn Derrek Lee into Lou Gehrig in 7 Seasons? Randy Johnson into Walter Johnson in 8 seasons?
I have no patience for Progressives. I know that many of you love them and I have tried to love them too. It seems to take forever to infuse new Eras of players into the league. I also love to do research and hate picking one of the 3 remaining SS none of which have enough PA's to get me through the season. This REgressive should give us an opportunity to play with a full roster and ROCKET through the history of baseball in 12 seasons instead of 125.

This league will draft by decade starting in 2009-2000. Every player that has a SIM SEASON in this decade is eligible. Each Season will regress another decade. There will be UNLIMITED Keepers. This is a 24 Team League with No AAA, DH, Clones, IR or DL. There will be no salary cap. The Salary Minimum will be 80mil.

This is a Multi Season League and is looking for owners willing to stay for awhile. I would like to try and make it to the 20's if possible. Finishing history would be great.

Season 2: The Forum Draft will be a straight Draft 1-25, 1-25 for as many rounds as it takes to complete the draft. Draft order will be determined by Previous Season Record in reverse order. First tie breaker will be Number of consecutive seasons played, second will be Head to Head, third will be AWAY record from Previous Season.

Season 3 and beyond: Draft order will be determined by Previous TWO Seasons Record in reverse order.

Tanking: As the pool for player is deep there should be no excuse for tanking in this league. To keep us all honest (in the pending Babe Ruth years) you must win 40 games by game 120 to qualify for a top 5 pick.

Stadium Changes: When your team is Retracted by MLB (reverse expansion from MLB History ie: New York Mets) as team owner you will choose to move your team to a NEW city. You will select a new stadium from the remaining Stadiums of that decade not taken by existing franchises that have rights to them. If we run out of stadiums in a decade, you will use the Stadium from the previous Season. Future Stadium selection (Draft) will be on an as needed basis, draft order is based on the same criteria as the Player Draft.
11/7/2010 11:23 AM
This great League needs one owner.  the years are 1999-1990.  The owner built this team for Season 2, but does not have the time. Please post here with any questions or sitemail me.
11/8/2010 1:08 PM (edited)
AVAILABLE:  This team was built for Season 2.  Stacked already on offense with 2 viable SP, middle relief and 2 strong closers.

Oakland A's
Network Associates Coliseum

Players Available for Season 2 (you may keep who you want)
Ray Durham
Jeff Cirillo
Frank Thomas
Charles Johnson
Sandy Alomar Jr.
Reggie Sanders
Neifi Perez
Cal Ripken Jr.

Mike Hampton
Tom Glavine
Cory Lidle
Guillermo Mota
Cliff Politte
Robb Nen
Armando Benitez
11/8/2010 1:10 PM (edited)
TAKEN: This team needs a bit more help.  You will have alot of Draft picks and feature Derek Lowe as your Ace Rafael Palmeiro on Offense.

Los Angeles Dodgers
Dodgers Stadium


Possible Keepers for Season 2:
Darrin Erstad
Rafael Palmeiro
Randy Winn
Brad Ausmus
Craig Counsell
Devon White
Jim Leyritz

Derek Lowe
Sidney Ponson


11/8/2010 1:10 PM (edited)
I'll join. I'll take the LA team. I'm a sucker for rebuilds.
11/8/2010 12:19 PM
Posted by shawbigred on 11/8/2010 12:19:00 PM (view original):
I'll join. I'll take the LA team. I'm a sucker for rebuilds.
Great to have you shawbigred!  The Dodgers are all yours.  I will add you to the Private Forum.  The League ends today and Playoffs start.  Hopefully the draft will start in the next two weeks.  You can also post your keepers list based on the above Eligible players.

Thanks for joining and best of luck!
11/8/2010 1:05 PM
I'm interested in the A's, where do they draft in season 2?
11/8/2010 11:45 PM
Posted by harrelson on 11/8/2010 11:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm interested in the A's, where do they draft in season 2?
The regular season ended today and they pick 8th. Let me know.
11/9/2010 12:12 AM
count me in
11/9/2010 8:21 AM
Posted by harrelson on 11/9/2010 8:21:00 AM (view original):
count me in
Thanks harrelson, I will add you to the League Forum.  Please post your Keepers from the list above.  Glad to have you.
11/9/2010 10:23 AM
Time Lapse Regressive Season 2: FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.