Smart Treaty Topic

While I understand the concerns of many Republicans, I support the new Start Treaty.

We are looking at a serious reduction in our ability to respond in a nuclear war, but with buget issues we must respond to the most possible scenario first and so on.

Also I understand the fact that it could limit our options to create a anti missile shield, but I think that these concerns over minimal.

We can save money in the short run by limiting our nuclear reponse options. We can continue to research "Star Wars" option for defense.
12/21/2010 7:26 PM
Anyone on the left opposed to it, or are you guys just getting your marching orders for moveon.org now?
12/21/2010 7:26 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/21/2010 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Anyone on the left opposed to it, or are you guys just getting your marching orders for moveon.org now?
If I understand you correctly (not easy with your inability to use the language} you are for the bill but if any of us on the left agree with you it is because we are marching lockstep with moveon.org? Amazing! So, do you morons have weekly meetings or just communicate with each other using drums?
12/21/2010 8:57 PM
The issue is that I am often painted as being a tool of the right.

I wanted to see if any of the leftists here had an opinion contrary to the popular DNC one.
12/22/2010 12:35 AM
Probably the dumbest thread of the year.
12/22/2010 11:39 AM
Close, but when you have this many choices it makes it very difficult to settle on one.
12/22/2010 11:51 AM
Posted by The Taint on 12/22/2010 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Probably the dumbest thread of the year.
I just wanted to go on record again opposing the mainstream Republican position.

Republicans are the party of compromise and logic.

Democrats are the party of "Lets do it our way"!
12/22/2010 5:06 PM
There really isn't a much of a choice here.  Putin said take it or leave it.  There isn't going to be any more negotiating. 
12/22/2010 7:01 PM
I guess the question is "how many times do you want to blow up the planet."
12/22/2010 7:21 PM
Posted by moosep on 12/22/2010 7:21:00 PM (view original):
It isnt a question of how many times can we destroy the world. It is always a question of response and deterance.

If someone feels they can destroy 90% of our missles on the ground they might think about a first strike. The more missles we have the greater a deterance. With out SSBN fleet and Strategic Bobmber wing we can overcome even a 100% missle loss and make anyone regret the attempt.

We might not win, but we can make winning unattractive.

This is why the new Salt treaty is acceptable.
12/22/2010 7:37 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/22/2010 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moosep on 12/22/2010 7:21:00 PM (view original):
It isnt a question of how many times can we destroy the world. It is always a question of response and deterance.

If someone feels they can destroy 90% of our missles on the ground they might think about a first strike. The more missles we have the greater a deterance. With out SSBN fleet and Strategic Bobmber wing we can overcome even a 100% missle loss and make anyone regret the attempt.

We might not win, but we can make winning unattractive.

This is why the new Salt treaty is acceptable.
Anyone have a micrometer big enough to use on swamp?
12/22/2010 7:50 PM
A micrometer (, ), sometimes known as a micrometer screw gauge, is a device used widely in mechanical engineering and machining as well as most mechanical trades for precision measurement, along with other metrological instruments such as dial calipers and vernier calipers. ...

I dont understand?
12/22/2010 11:23 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/22/2010 11:23:00 PM (view original):
A micrometer (, ), sometimes known as a micrometer screw gauge, is a device used widely in mechanical engineering and machining as well as most mechanical trades for precision measurement, along with other metrological instruments such as dial calipers and vernier calipers. ...

I dont understand?
It means your thick!!
12/23/2010 12:44 AM
So instead of tossing out insults why dont you explain your position on  this and why it differs from mine?
12/23/2010 1:15 AM
My position is that you only need to blow up the entire planet and its inhabitants only once to be affective. Therefore, eliminating some of the awesome weapons isn't going to hurt!
12/23/2010 4:10 AM
123 Next ▸
Smart Treaty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.