OT: Osama Bin Laden is Dead Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Its about time. Good job boys!
5/1/2011 11:33 PM
The war is far from over though. But good news is better late than never.
5/1/2011 11:33 PM
BOOM!
5/1/2011 11:43 PM
i hope he freakin suffered horribly....but as much as i hate to be pessimistic on such a great day, i agree with childplease.  how long til some other dirtbag decides he's going to either "honor" bin laden and/or make a name for himself but blowing something up or doing something else stupid....

5/1/2011 11:47 PM
Seriously, I hope he just died with a simple bullet between the eyes.  No drama.  No glory.  No last words.  no nothing.  Just a lifeless body that once was animated by a soulless life.

5/2/2011 12:10 AM
thank god. 4 more years of the apprentice
5/2/2011 12:13 AM
*claps*
5/2/2011 12:30 AM
The commander of evil has FINALLY met his match!  May he rot in the depths of friggin HELL for eternity!
5/2/2011 12:31 AM
Am I the only person here who doesn't feel like it's appropriate to celebrate the death of anyone?  Ever?  I mean, I'm even a Republican.  Moderate Republican.  But Republican.  But I'm still not celebrating by any means...  Am I glad that he's dead?  I guess...  I'm glad that he's out of power.  The man was incredibly brilliant and put it to a very bad use.  But I'm not going to celebrate his being killed.
5/2/2011 12:35 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/2/2011 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Am I the only person here who doesn't feel like it's appropriate to celebrate the death of anyone?  Ever?  I mean, I'm even a Republican.  Moderate Republican.  But Republican.  But I'm still not celebrating by any means...  Am I glad that he's dead?  I guess...  I'm glad that he's out of power.  The man was incredibly brilliant and put it to a very bad use.  But I'm not going to celebrate his being killed.
I feel the same way as I have somewhat have the same beliefs. But regardless, he committed and was in charge of mass intentions to kill. However, It is a big boost for morale purposes, as the whole "war on terror" has really not achieved anything.  Whether is was last week or today (who knows), he probably got shot, at least thats what they said.  Celebrate is just not the right word I guess.

I'm not going to complain that he is gone and we just need to move on to more important issues in society.
5/2/2011 12:40 AM
I think the most demoralizing thing to his supporters and his movement would have been if we had captured him but treated him very, very well.  Not make him suffer.  Just keep him in captivity until he dies.  I mean, the guy is old.
5/2/2011 12:42 AM
Only 54
5/2/2011 12:51 AM
Posted by childplease on 5/2/2011 12:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/2/2011 12:35:00 AM (view original):
I feel the same way as I have somewhat have the same beliefs. But regardless, he committed and was in charge of mass intentions to kill. However, It is a big boost for morale purposes, as the whole "war on terror" has really not achieved anything.  Whether is was last week or today (who knows), he probably got shot, at least thats what they said.  Celebrate is just not the right word I guess.

I'm not going to complain that he is gone and we just need to move on to more important issues in society.
Yeah, I was commenting to my wife that it made me uneasy to see people celebrating in the streets in a way that felt similar to fans after a Super Bowl or national title win. Also struck me as a bit too similar to footage we've seen in the past from some Arab countries celebrating things that shouldn't be celebrated while we all thought, "Wow -- what barbarians".

It's a great thing that we finally got Bin Laden. He was an evil, awful force against humanity and deserved whatever he got. It's wonderful for our country and the world that he's gone.

But still, the jubilant celebration in the streets just feels wrong to me.
5/2/2011 12:57 AM
if you dont want to celebrate his being dead, or you think we need to move on to more important issues in society....

then change your perspective on it and instead you can celebrate that the spouses, parents, children, and friends of everyone this man killed, injured, or otherwise impacted can finally experience SOME sense of justice for their loss, even if it's only a little.
5/2/2011 1:02 AM
1234 Next ▸
OT: Osama Bin Laden is Dead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.