Journeyman Progressive League-FULL Topic

This will be simple. Choose a player who played for at least 4 teams during his career (and has at least one WIS eligible season with at least 4 teams), has at least 12 WIS eligible seasons, and made 2 or fewer All-Star teams, and never won an MVP or CY award, nor is a serious candidate for the Hall of Fame. We will begin in season 1 for each of these players, in other words, each player's rookie season. You will use the given season for  your chosen player (if the rookie year is 1977, you will use his '77 season), and you can twist any of his teammates from that season. We will go through each journeyman players' career, one season at a time, until we have completed at minimum 12 seasons. 

100 M Payroll, No WW, No AAA, No Trades, No Injuries, Yes to DH (only because many of these players will have played with some of the great DH's of the last 30 years). Use the home stadium of your chosen Journeyman from that season. (77 Orioles would use Memorial Stadium).

Once the 12th season is complete, if any of the chosen players have completed their career, we can take a vote to see if we want to continue going with the league and use alternate players, or end the league there. 

Please ask any questions and make sure to sign up below with your chosen player. First come, first served. I will choose sometime after the 7th owner signs up. 

1.coachgreat1-Mike Cameron
2.calhoop-Vince Coleman
3.tdoak-Lyn Lary
4.sevenfifty5-Johnny Allen
5.fatboydad54-Ducky Schofield
6.bigmc-Alan Embree
7.national-Mike Stanton
8.jeff4noles-Richie Hebner
9.spaolo-Merv Rettenmund
10.jbfg8tr-Kevin Millwood
11.sjstapleton-Dick Tidrow
12.toddcommish-Dave Martinez
13.cstrohmier-Mark Koenig
14.reddtrain-Mickey Tettleton
15.ff09-Stan Javier
16.cmb0315-Tommy Davis
17.rugbyman123-Todd Zeile
18.stan74-Roberto Kelly
19.elmer72-Mike Morgan
20.pmwksw-Matty Alou
21.greggo72-Dave Magadan
22.mamxet-Gus Mancuso
23.horus_6-Jerry Reuss
24.bklynborn-Dock Ellis
3/4/2012 11:40 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jeff4noles on 1/24/2012 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Richie Hebner
Welcome. Thanks for joining. 
1/24/2012 1:34 PM
I'll jump in with Merv Rettenmund
1/24/2012 4:02 PM
Posted by spaolo on 1/24/2012 4:02:00 PM (view original):
I'll jump in with Merv Rettenmund
Welcome spaolo
1/24/2012 5:03 PM
I'll try Rick Monday
2/24/2012 4:30 PM
Posted by elmer72 on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM (view original):
I'll try Rick Monday
Monday doesn't fit the criteria of the league, as he only ever played for the A's, Cubs, and Dodgers. If you'd be interested in picking another player, I hope you'll stay with us. 
2/26/2012 10:52 AM
I'll join up with Roberto Kelly
2/26/2012 4:20 PM
Posted by stan74 on 2/26/2012 4:20:00 PM (view original):
I'll join up with Roberto Kelly
Thank you and welcome to the league. 
2/26/2012 6:13 PM
Ken Henderson, OF
2/27/2012 8:44 AM
Posted by coachgreat1 on 2/26/2012 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by elmer72 on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM (view original):
I'll try Rick Monday
Monday doesn't fit the criteria of the league, as he only ever played for the A's, Cubs, and Dodgers. If you'd be interested in picking another player, I hope you'll stay with us. 
No Prob I'll take mike morgan p but he plays 79 then his next season is 82 is that ok
2/27/2012 2:36 PM
Based on baseball-reference, I believe he was only an all-star twice so I'll go with

Matty Alou OF
2/27/2012 4:58 PM
Posted by crazyamos on 2/27/2012 8:44:00 AM (view original):
Ken Henderson, OF
Welcome and thanks for joining. 
2/27/2012 8:15 PM
Posted by elmer72 on 2/27/2012 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coachgreat1 on 2/26/2012 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by elmer72 on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM (view original):
I'll try Rick Monday
Monday doesn't fit the criteria of the league, as he only ever played for the A's, Cubs, and Dodgers. If you'd be interested in picking another player, I hope you'll stay with us. 
No Prob I'll take mike morgan p but he plays 79 then his next season is 82 is that ok
Morgan is fine, and you just use his WIS eligible seasons in the order in chronological order, 79, then 82, etc. 
2/27/2012 8:16 PM
Posted by pmwksw on 2/27/2012 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Based on baseball-reference, I believe he was only an all-star twice so I'll go with

Matty Alou OF
Welcome. In Alou's 12th season, you will need to choose his Oakland teammates to twist, so as to give him 4 teams played for in his 1st 12 years. Thanks. 
2/27/2012 8:17 PM
12 Next ▸
Journeyman Progressive League-FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.