Stingiest HR park? Topic

Which park gives up the least HR? Is it Petco? Palace of the Fans has impossible distances to overcome and is bigger than any other park in all fields except center. But it is only a -3 -3 ?
Thanks

12/30/2013 5:04 AM
Astrodome is -4.  However 1920 Babe ruth hit 70 hr's  in a season for me, every team had 2 great pitchers, and rest of the staff was filled with dud's
12/30/2013 9:15 AM
Municipal Stadium as well as Target Field are also -4, but after reading an explanation in my other post, "Mile high rated higher than Coors" These numbers might not mean what I have thought they meant. I'm just trying to get more clarity.
12/30/2013 6:28 PM
Park dimensions mean nothing in suppressing homers or determining any other type of hit, so just ignore those.  They are supposed to be based on historical data, with likely some guessing built in for the oldest parks.  Petco at -3 for hits combined with the -3/-3 for HR is a likely choice as the stingiest, but it would be interesting to see actual league play data in relatively large numbers.
12/31/2013 12:13 AM
Palace of the Fans has the following dimensions:450 down the lines, 475 in the alleys and 510 to straight away center field. Are you saying that big HR hitters will not see their HR numbers decline playing in that park? I thought this game was trying to approach some sense of reality. I realize there may be more inside the park HR on balls that get through the outfielders, but would they make the same numbers as smaller parks where the ball goes over the wall?
12/31/2013 2:14 AM
. . . And thanks for taking the time to respond :-)
12/31/2013 2:18 AM
mient - how many of Babes 70 HR in the Astrodome were at home and road?
12/31/2013 4:51 PM
Posted by bebechacha on 12/31/2013 2:14:00 AM (view original):
Palace of the Fans has the following dimensions:450 down the lines, 475 in the alleys and 510 to straight away center field. Are you saying that big HR hitters will not see their HR numbers decline playing in that park? I thought this game was trying to approach some sense of reality. I realize there may be more inside the park HR on balls that get through the outfielders, but would they make the same numbers as smaller parks where the ball goes over the wall?
He means that whatever effect the park has on HR is fully captured in the HR LF and HR RF ratings.  POF is -3 for both, so it will certainly repress HR.  The field dimensions do not factor into any of WIS calculations for the outcome of any particular PA.  Only the various hit ratings do.
12/31/2013 4:57 PM
Posted by bebechacha on 12/31/2013 4:51:00 PM (view original):
mient - how many of Babes 70 HR in the Astrodome were at home and road?
It was 40 35 on the road,  he hit 12 in th e playoffs 7 at home.
12/31/2013 7:11 PM
It's petco, by a significant margin. The -3 to 1 bs is a suppressant for all hits. It's a killer.
12/31/2013 7:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your input . . .

1/4/2014 2:24 AM
Stingiest HR park? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.