2003 No Whining Progressive - FILLED Topic

The No Whining Progressive is a unique progressive, which just ended our 2002 regular season. We will need one new owners for 2003. The unique thing about our league is that our draft order is completely random each season. As we are a 24 team league, our non-playoff teams are randomized (by a hall of famer not in the league) for the top 16 picks, and our playoff teams are randomized for picks 17-24. The top 16 picks then switch order for the remaining rounds (1-16 become 16-1 starting in 2nd round) and then 17-24 do likewise (17-24 become 24-17 starting in 2nd round).

Otherwise, we utilize the DH in AL only, and draft our own AAA (up to 10 AAA players) with no fictitious players allowed. Trade deadline is Game 120, but you can make call-ups until Game 159. No WW.

Team Available - Keepers can be edited

Milwaukee Keepers (Currently Open) - 18 Keepers - Need 7 Picks

16th pick in Round 1, 1st pick in Round 2 of 2003 draft

Keepers

C Paul Lo Doca
C Javy Lopez
1B Jim Thome
2B Mark DeRosa
2B Mark Ellis
2B Desi Relaford
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Cesar Izturis
OF Raul Mondesi
OF Magglio Ordonez
DH Edgar Martinez

P Armando Benitez
P Aaron Cook
P Brian Fuentes
P Mark Hendrickson
P Kyle Lohse
P Mike Mussina
P Jay Witasick

Injured Reserve

P Jon Rauch (2004)

Cuts

1B Kevin Young
2B Junior Spivey
SS Jose Vizacaino
OF Endy Chavez
OF Shane Spencer
P Jimmy Anderson
P Joe Beimel
P Rocky Biddle
P Alan Embree
P Luther Hackman
P Ryan Jensen
P Chan Ho Park
P Denny Stark
P Mike Williams
11/17/2018 3:59 PM (edited)
Sitemail or post here w/ interest.
10/8/2018 12:20 AM
Allow me to make a shameless plug for this league. With the disclaimer that I am biased: I started this league back in 2010 and ran it until 2016 when I took a hiatus from WIS. While I have returned at least temporarily, I am not yet ready to make any longterm league commitments. Otherwise I would have taken this team myself.

The NWP draft structure provides no incentive for teams to tank. You'll see the occasional bad team - even the occasional REALLY bad team - but you can rest easy knowing that an owner whose record is 12-52 is NOT improving his draft position. You never have to worry about teams making really lopsided trades, or playing guys fatigued or out of position unnecessarily, or any of the other million ways that owners can sabotage their W-L record. It gets you NOTHING in the NWP.

coachgreat1 is a great commissioner and a stand-up guy. The NWP is in great hands with him, and joining this league is a no-regrets move if you like progressives but abhor tanking.
12/5/2018 11:52 AM
I would be interested in giving this team a try. I am extremely new to WIS but I am enjoying the site and looking for interesting new ways to play. Thanks, Walter.
12/6/2018 4:42 PM
2003 No Whining Progressive - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.