$52 Million Draft LXXII Evals Topic

vancem - Wilt Chamberlain, Chauncey Billups, Horace Grant, Kobe Bryant, George Hill

There’s nothing I can say about this team that isn’t clear to vancem. Most of his starting usage is pretty flat. Chauncey and Kobe will shoot their way to some losses. But they also play great D and get to the line. Horace is a good pick because he can either play the 3 or 4 depending who’s left at the end. I like taking Hill as a combo guard to back up your starters. Middling D but he’ll be on the floor with a good defensive guard. Oh, and he has Wilt, who tends to cover for a lot of deficiencies.

[I’m so ******* furious and perplexed by the **** you pulled last night. I’m stunned. I probably won’t finish these evaluations or return next season. Why did you do that? It’s 24 hours later and I’m still so damn ****** I have trouble logging on to this site. The fact that you know better is the worst part. Play it off. Point to some nonexistent precedent. You’ll get some people to play along. But you know. So many of us have been a part of this league for about a decade or so. But you set your radio alarm clock to catch a guy unaware on a Friday night? I expected more, with good reason. Sorry you didn’t get a chance to pick up his unprotected draft picks. That might have made it all worth it.]

redbooda- Steph Curry, Shawn Kemp, Mel Daniels, Mitch Richmond, Jarrett Allen

Steph and Kemp back to back out of the gate. Bam, bam. Highly efficient shooters who shoot from different areas of the floor. Love it. Not gonna lie, there were better options than Mel Daniels. But I kinda did the Alonzo Mourning gif upon reflection. He fills some rolls and whichever Kemp you use can help on D. I only see one usable Mitch Richmond. His D is bad, he doesn’t bring the rebounding or assists you’d want from a wing, and he shoots too much. I could see Jarrett Allen being useful to a certain team, but not this one.

amerk1180 - LeBron James, Paul George, Hakeem Olajuwon, Joakim Noah, Andrei Kirilenko

There’s so much to like about this team, starting with LeBron and the shutdown D. So let me pick out some warts. PG will disappoint. I believe tarheel tried to feature him for a couple seasons and was frustrated. I used him last year and Harden carried him most of the season. Hakeem probably won’t take you all the way as your 1st or second pick, so be glad you got him 3rd. You have a ton of usage that ranges from good to great. You also have 4 usage points in your starting lineup with sub 50 eFG%. All that being said, there’s enough great D, passing, and rebounding to win a title with this team. Well done.

copernicus - Shaquille O'Neal, Clint Capela, Mike Conley, Brent Barry, Pascal Siakam

Shaq and Capela dominate the Paint. Capela is a decent defender and makes up for Shaq’s lack of great rebounding. Conley and Barry aren’t exactly lockdown guards but they do stretch the floor and move the ball. Pascal is great, but he’s not the ideal 3 if you don’t have rebounds locked down in other positions.
4/25/2021 12:03 AM (edited)
tarheel1991 - Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic, Manu Ginobili, Joel Embiid, Bo Outlaw

Strange brew. Giannis and Joel would seem to make up for Jokic’s terrible D. Manu is a good high usage backcourt option to bring the ball up with so many other passers. Outlaw seems like a luxury, but I’m sure there’s a shoe about to drop.

gerryred - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Anfernee Hardaway, Bill Walton, Mark Price, Derrick Favors

Kareem and Penny are a great combo. Great start. Walton slips through and gives you the D and rebounding you want playing alongside a C only big man like KAJ. He’s light on minutes, so Favors is a great 5th pick. Price isn’t high usage or great D, but he adds great eFG% and passing alongside Penny. Playoff team so far.

ysw128 - Michael Jordan, Steve Nash, Donyell Marshall, Alonzo Mourning, Andrew Bogut

Love the MJ and Nash backcourt. Jordan is obviously a beast and Nash gives you tremendous efficiency and assist numbers. Whichever MJ you pick will protect Nash on D. Donyell gives you 3’s and rebounding at the 3. Zo is a great player to fall to you in the 4th. Highly efficient with solid D. I like pairing him Bogut because Zo isn’t exactly Rodman on the boards. Great start and you left yourself room to pick up a complimentary big man.

pharrop - Dwight Howard, Kyrie Irving, Marcus Camby, Al Horford, Nate McMillan

You can’t do much better than the D and rebounding combo of Dwight and Camby. Dwight is an excellent scorer. The only knock on him is he’s not at the super usage level and his free throw % ain’t great. Horford is a unique talent for 98% at SF. His fg% might dip a little, but he rebounds well and moves the ball. Kyrie is an all star level combo guard and McMillan is a great defender and passer and can make the D switches you need with Kyrie. The only problem I have with this team is there’s not enough of it. I’m sure you can find some players to back up Kyrie and Dwight to make sure you have enough usage on the floor.
4/23/2021 11:25 AM (edited)
hoopsdude - Ben Wallace, Nikola Vucevic, Kyle Lowry, Clyde Drexler, Rasheed Wallace

”Where the f**k is Wallace?” Nevermind, I found 2 over here. Ben and Vucevic are both terrific rebounders and Vucevic provides some offensive skills that this team really needs. The best Lowry is only 100% at PG and plays mediocre D. He does give you 4 very efficient usage points, which you really need. Drexler is also a nice efficient player, but his 70 D isn’t really enough to provide great backcourt D, especially if he drops 3% to cover the 1. I love Rasheed IRL. And he’s decent 3 in the decade draft or other limited option leagues. I just don’t think he provides enough for a big boy league like the 52. 5 distinct players that don’t quite blend for me. Backups will be key.

uptowngbv - James Harden, Ben Simmons, Andre Drummond

Meh.

samuelyork93 - Kevin Durant, Julius Erving, Dikembe Mutombo, Mookie Blaylock, Wes Unseld

KD and Dr. J are an interesting start. The only problem with KD is his best seasons are lower minute seasons. I’m assuming you’re using Dr. J’s 81/82 season which is super clean and efficient, makes up for KD’s bad offensive boards, and provides 100 D to boot. There two ways to go with Dikembe: Elite rebounding with decent D or Elite D with decent rebounding. I go with the rebounder but I think I’m in the minority on that one. Mookie spreads the floor is defends well, but I wouldn’t pick him at this cap. Wes is a good rebounder, but you’re leaving him exposed at the 4 with middling D.

mikee1 - Karl Malone, Damian Lillard, Tyson Chandler, Bobby Jones, Patrick Ewing

The Mailman is a super efficient, high usage big man who provides everything except elite rebounding. Chandler and Bobby J both help with the rebounding and Bobby’s high eFG% and 100 D make him a special player at SF. Not quite sure what to make of the Ewing pick. Are you filling all of your front court minutes with 3 players or using a lesser version of Ewing? But there is a guard on this team and you took him high. He’s dynamic, but 48 D is something you’re going to need to figure out how to hide. That and what you’re doing with Ewing are the big questions for this team.
4/23/2021 2:22 PM (edited)
jackedjamie - Larry Bird, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Jonas Valanciunas, Wesley Person

bds9992 - DeAndre Jordan, Bam Adebayo, Victor Oladipo, Serge Ibaka, Jerry West, Tyreke Evans

sappy - Chris Paul, Kevin McHale, Bill Russell, Otto Porter Jr.

ashamael - Dennis Rodman, Hassan Whiteside, Deron Williams, Amare Stoudemire
4/20/2021 1:56 PM (edited)
HDS1 - Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert, Elton Brand

dontburnearl - Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Tom Boerwinkle, Eric Bledsoe

rjk2781 - John Stockton, Klay Thompson, Montrezl Harrell, Christian Wood

ronsouth1- David Robinson, Draymond Green, Terry Porter, Larry Sanders!, Robert Parish
4/20/2021 1:58 PM (edited)
seapilots - Moses Malone, Kawhi Leonard, Bob McAdoo, Derek Harper

24kpyrite - Dwyane Wade, Tim Duncan, Larry Nance, Tree Rollins

midge - Kevin Garnett, Karl Anthony Towns, John Collilns, Walt Frazier

longtallbrad - Artis Gilmore, Magic Johnson, Buck Williams, Jrue Holiday
4/20/2021 1:59 PM (edited)
Reserved
4/15/2021 2:03 PM
Not that I really give a **** about anybody's opinion on my squad, but what happened to finishing these?
4/28/2021 7:32 PM
maybe he's waiting until kinoa1 gets done with his evals for the ODL?
4/28/2021 7:54 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/28/2021 7:54:00 PM (view original):
maybe he's waiting until kinoa1 gets done with his evals for the ODL?
4/28/2021 8:24 PM
$52 Million Draft LXXII Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.