its early.... but...
Houston Honey Badgers 106-17 0.862 - 21-6 21-7 9-4 817 343 0.838 Southpaw85
seen better?


https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/playerstats.asp?teamid=1574795
6/7/2021 7:39 PM (edited)
Houston Honey Badgers 139-23 0.858 - 33-9 27-7 11-4 1068 463 0.830 Southpaw85
6/20/2021 7:54 PM
bad news
this team ran into greg maddux round 1.
honey badgers fall 3 games to 1.
the sim giveth and the sim taketh away.
6/23/2021 8:39 PM
139 might be the most wins ever. There are a bunch of league links in the Progressive Draft Database Forum, and the highest one I saw was 131 wins. And of course, that team didn't win the World Series either...
6/23/2021 11:43 PM
It's an interesting question...looking through my old files I believe my best ever team was the 1986 Houston Mustangs in the NWP. They went 126-36 (.778) in the regular season, went 3-0, 4-1, 4-0 in the playoffs. Led the league in runs (1046) and fewest runs allowed (482). That's a +564 run differential...which I am guessing not too many teams have exceeded.

The pitching staff included:
Mike Scott: 30-5, 2.35
Nolan Ryan: 20-2, 2.07
Floyd Youmans: 26-6, 2.68
Rick Rhoden: 24-6, 3.23
6/28/2021 7:56 PM
My personal best is a 1931 team (New York Yaks) that went 128-34. Staff included Lefty Grove (34-6, 2.99) and a couple of guys I'd barely heard of when I drafted them: Bob Smith (30-10, 3.89) and Bill Walker (24-2, 2.38).

But it being 1931 we won mostly by bashing the other teams' heads in with our bats, which included Babe Ruth narrowly missing a 50 HR, .400 season when he finished with 49 HR, 172 RBI, and a line of .399/.537/.716.

And we didn't even choke in the playoffs!
6/30/2021 11:21 AM
In the inaugural season of kallison1's True Rookie Progressive, my team won 117 games...and missed the playoffs! Started as a 16-team league, and the division winner won 119! He then won 6 titles. The other two teams in the division won 3 each. I finally won one many seasons later. And the league just ended.
6/30/2021 11:41 AM
In the NWP - EE progressive contrarian started, our best Jesuits squad went 127-35, and then 8-1 in the playoffs to win the world series. (16-team league) 1273 runs, 732 RA - that +541 run differential can't match contrarian's but it's close.

It was dual era - 1894/1959 seasons.

Offense led by:
Billy Hamilton (.394/.504/.490, 270 hits, 192 runs, 20 + plays in corner outfiled)
Willie Mays (.331/.383/.640, 40/46 steals, 166 Rs, 192 RBIs, 227 hits, 50 HRs)
Ernie Banks (.318/.376/.530, 37 HRs, 201 RBIs, 16 + plays at SS)

Pitching led by:
Amos Rusie (53-9 in 81 starts - a league win record that of course will never be broken)
Don Mossi (3.70 ERA, 42-3 by pitching 81 games of relief as part of a tandem pairing)

Obviously a stacked team, but in 26 seasons, the Jesuits have:
-22 100-win teams, only 1 team with less than 96 wins, and never a losing record
-23 division titles
-13 pennants
-8 world series

So this league has been a special run....
6/30/2021 4:22 PM
Wow, that is some run, fellow crazy person! To sustain it for 26 seasons without major downtime for rebuilds is incredible.

I've been meaning to start a thread in the Prog Draft Database forum asking owners about great runs/dynasty teams. With my New York Yaks I won 7 championships/8 pennants in 10 seasons (1911-20) and then five straight titles from 1937-41. I think the team is my SLB masterpiece. Doubt I'll ever paint a better one.
6/30/2021 4:35 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.