Icon/ 1989 Progressive League Warning Topic

Just so people are aware, epup1975 runs an icon league. He's supporting collusion that the former commish (crazyjoe02) was involved in and sent me a sitemail telling me to drop it. I had been warned about crazyjoe02 from a few people, but seeing it happen is interesting to say the least.

He removed me from the league for (I assume) making his threat to do so public in the league forum. Be aware. There are shady players all over the place.
6/28/2022 6:15 AM
Just getting the word out. Feel free to join, but know what you're getting yourself into.
6/28/2022 6:31 AM
IMO. WIS really needs to DO something about all these poor and cheating commissioners.
It's harming the users!!
6/28/2022 8:25 AM
I don't think there are a lot of them, but they certainly don't seem to be inclined to even look into things.
6/28/2022 9:25 AM
Due to the investment that comes with a Progressive League, ONE commissioner without honesty/integrity is too many, IMO.
6/28/2022 10:14 AM
I was in that league since the 60s just so I could get Frank Thomas and got booted in 89. I don't want to do the math on how much I spent just to get removed for calling out the commish publicly so he couldn't hide behind sitemails with his threats/intimidation.

But it's all good. I think my wis days like many are winding down. Not worth the aggravation.
6/28/2022 10:24 AM
Here's the truth that nobody really wants to say outloud: most people just want to play the game. They don't care if questionable things happen, they don't spend time to review trades, and in some cases they can't be bothered to enter their teams on time. WIS is investing next to nothing into the game and it's easier for them to say find another league than it is to deal with any of the problems.

This site is dying a slow death.
6/28/2022 10:31 AM
Reckon that's why owners don't stick up for other owners when a commissioner abuses his power. I actually had a commissioner REVERSE his own trade AFTER the trade deadline because he realized he had made an error when posting up his trade proposal. He actually made the same error twice (out of three trades HE posted up!) and yet because I wouldn't let him weasel out of the trade HE just removed players from my roster.............AFTER the trade deadline.

I ended up tied for the division (clearly would have won it!) and lost the play-in game, missing the playoffs.
And it's even worse than that. He had just taken over as commissioner (Likely) because he was winning his division every year and didn't want the League to fold. And this was the 1st season AFTER I had (finally) won the division the season before........so He was essentially trying to deal players to improve his position for the following season. It was purely cheating IMO!

I complained to WIS, too!. they did nothing. Said it appeared to just be a simple trade dispute.
DUH, with the COMMISSIONER doing the dirty play!
6/28/2022 11:49 AM
The trade wasn't fair, but Slash also intentionally tanked his team via mismanagement of a pitching staff. So I take what he says with a grain of salt.

I'm not interested in hearing your previous excuse of having a job somehow means you leave one of your best SPs in AAA for weeks. Almost everyone here has a job, or so I assume. And you don't have time to manage a pitching staff, yet there is time to post on the forums all day? Interesting.

And I'm an owner in the division that now must face Griffey Jr. I have more cause to gripe with the unfair trade than anyone, and I'm not yelling collusion.
6/28/2022 12:05 PM
Son, understand what the issue is before piping up. It has to do with the commish abusing his power by demanding i sweep this under the rug and my refusal to do that.

Many owners including epup have been tanking for years...so much so that when my team was terrible in the 60s and 70s, I had them change the minimum win deadline from game 120 (or whatever it was) to the same win percentage over 162 games so I could get wins from all the teams tanking. I never complained because EVERYONE was doing it. That league is a tankers paradise.
6/28/2022 12:27 PM
Nobody else in the league is on board with you regarding this Slash.

Referring to the trade as collusion is over the top. Did you like the deal? No. It's not a reason to accuse others of nefarious dealings. The deal was very similar to the one that I made with DD for the pick ahead of it.

Perhaps you should be more respectful of your fellow owners, they might be more receptive to dealing with you.
6/28/2022 12:34 PM
The same owner that made the bad trade with Cincy gave me the draft rights to Walt Weiss for a 3rd round pick. That was a deal that they offered to me, and I took it. He/she is new and a little green. Obviously still learning. They might not have seen sitemail alerts. I know I don't always see them.

But you will just report this post just like you did the others. So much for the clear and open communication that you claim to love. Reminds me of Elon Musk lol
6/28/2022 12:40 PM
Nice deflection bro. I have sitemails from owners that disagree with your post.
6/28/2022 12:42 PM
Would it not be better to let us read the posts against your opinion?
not a huge fan of ccensoring.
6/28/2022 1:20 PM
Posted by coldfoot on 6/28/2022 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Would it not be better to let us read the posts against your opinion?
not a huge fan of ccensoring.
Wis is going to nuke this thread anyway. No reason to allow misleading posts. I wanted to make people aware and that's succeeded. If they want to join the league still, great! There are still good owners there, but new owners have the right to know the history.

I promise you he censored all the data I posted backing my case after he booted me.
6/28/2022 1:28 PM
123 Next ▸
Icon/ 1989 Progressive League Warning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.