We just passed the 120-game mark of the 11th season--1996--of the Icon Single Season Progressive. We are looking for a new owner for the Giants for 1997. You are replacing an active owner who is leaving the team in fine shape for the future. If you are interested in peeking around our forum to get a better feel, lemme know and I'll give you access.

Here's what you need to know:

Basic Rules:

Salary Cap - None

AAA - 12/6 Below Average (Any Career Keeper/Team Icon with fewer than 60 IP/ 150 PA may be placed in AAA or on the MLB roster to start the season).

DH – AL only

Trades - Allowed and almost needed. Teams can only trade for eligible players though. Draft picks may be traded 2 years in advance. Players to be named later (future random AAA players) may also be traded.

IR - Unlimited. Restricted to any player without a WIS season, or any CK/TI that did not play for your franchise at all during that season (at owner’s discretion).

WW - No

Keepers - Unlimited. Any players who were assigned to your roster as career keepers, team icons etc. must be kept for the duration of their career.

Subsequent Seasons Draft Order - Will be determined at the transaction deadline (120 games). 48 wins are needed to qualify for a top 3 pick. Teams that do not reach 48 wins will be slotted from the 4th spot on by most wins. The rest of the draft (including top 3 picks) is inverse order of record.  The first pick in rounds 2-4 belongs to the team with the fewest wins and continues in inverse order.

Divisions – As close to real life as possible

Team Names and Stadiums - Same as real life. If your team changes names or moves parks, then you must do the same.


Specific League Rules:

Keeper Rules - All players that fall in to the 3 keeper categories below will be forced on their respected franchise. They can not be traded or cut.

CAREER KEEPERS - Any player who has played his entire career for one team (or entire WiS career) will belong to that team. If a player has played for several teams but has only racked up 50 AB or 25 IP in a season for one team he will also belong to the team for which he played the bulk of his career. So if Player A plays four full seasons for the Dodgers, then goes to the Cubs where he only nets 30 ABs and is traded to the Mets where he gets another 30 he will be still be considered a Dodgers Career Keeper.

TEAM ICONS - Any player whose first ten or more eligible WIS seasons are with the same team, and who has had no more than 3 WIS seasons with other teams (including expansion teams) will be designated a Team Icon and belong to the team whom he played 10 years for.

-Any player who racked up more than 25 IP/50 AB with a single active franchise, regardless of seasons with a defunct franchise (Brewers, Tigers, Rockies, Marlins, D-Backs, Rays) will be the property of the active franchise.

- Any Team Icon being may be placed on IR any season he did not play for your franchise.

- Any player who played every game for an expansion/defunct team or has fewer than 25 IP/50 AB will not be eligible to be drafted by any team.

------

*Every other player who does not fall in to one of these rules will be eligible to be drafted by any team he appeared in 1 game for (any team that shows up on his B-R page at the time of the draft).
11/21/2010 4:58 PM (edited)

1997 San Francisco Giants

Draft position: 11th

C Brent Mayne

C Jeff Reed

1B JT Snow

2B Eric Young

3B Matt Williams

3B Bill Muellar

SS Shawon Dunston

OF Ryan Klesko

OF Marvin Benard

OF Stan Javier

OF Willie McGee

 

SP Orel Hershiser

SP Wilson Alvarez

SP Kirk Reuter

SP Jason Schmidt

SP LaTroy Hawkins

SP Kent Bottenfield

RP William Van Landingham (Career Keeper)

RP Salomon Torres

RP Jose Bautista

RP Alan Embree

CP Rod Beck

Injured in 97:

RP Jeff Brantley

11/21/2010 4:59 PM (edited)
I'd like to see a full 1st round draft order so I could see what players I would have reasonable expectations of drafting.
Obviously, who drafts when is extremely important in this type of league.
8/17/2010 4:13 PM
Posted by nukelaloosh on 8/17/2010 4:13:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to see a full 1st round draft order so I could see what players I would have reasonable expectations of drafting.
Obviously, who drafts when is extremely important in this type of league.
You're absolutely right. Trading is also often pivotal to the team's success... If you want I can give you access to the league forum to poke around. All available rookie hitters are posted--I think--and I'll have pitchers up tonight. The prospect board is up as is the draft order. I'll put it through and let me know if you have any questions.
8/17/2010 4:39 PM
bump
8/21/2010 1:22 PM
About one week left in the regular season... getting close
8/24/2010 5:44 PM
I'm torn.....this concept does intrigue me a great deal, but the Mets are a franchise that I can find very little reason to not hate
8/25/2010 2:08 PM
edsortails, I too hate the Mets. Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer to help with the decision. They do have a pretty solid pitching staff.
8/26/2010 1:26 PM
as much as I wish it was ANY other franchise available, I do want in....so I guess I'll take what I can get.....
8/26/2010 4:26 PM
Glad to hear. I'll give you access to the forum... Welcome!
8/26/2010 7:12 PM
Looking for a new owner for 1997. Going on season 12.
11/21/2010 4:59 PM
I'll take them if you'll have me.
11/21/2010 6:01 PM
Posted by shawbigred on 11/21/2010 6:01:00 PM (view original):
I'll take them if you'll have me.
We'd be happy to have you. Regular season doesn't end till 12/1. Hope you don't mind the wait. I'll give you access to our forum right now. Welcome aboard!
11/21/2010 7:50 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.