Time Lapse Reg v4(1970's): Need 1 DRAFTING Topic

The Time Lapse Regressive

 
How do you turn Eddie Murray into Lou Gehrig in 5 Seasons? Nolan Ryan into Walter Johnson in 6 seasons? 
I have no patience for Progressives. I know that many of you love them and I have tried to love them too. It seems to take forever to infuse new Eras of players into the league. I also love to do research and hate picking one of the 3 remaining SS none of which have enough PA's to get me through the season. This REgressive should give us an opportunity to play with a full roster and ROCKET through the history of baseball in 12 seasons instead of 125.

This league will draft by decade starting in 2009-2000. Every player that has a SIM SEASON in this decade is eligible. Each Season will regress another decade. There will be UNLIMITED Keepers. This is a 24 Team League with No AAA, DH, Clones, IR or DL. There will be no salary cap. The Salary Minimum will be 80mil. 

This is a Multi Season League and is looking for owners willing to stay for awhile. I would like to try and make it to the 20's if possible. Finishing history would be great. 

Season 3 and Beyond: Previous Two Seasons Record in Reverse Order.  The Forum Draft will be a straight Draft 1-25, 1-25 for as many rounds as it takes to complete the draft. Draft order will be determined by Previous Season Record in reverse order. First tie breaker will be Number of consecutive seasons played, second will be previous season record (lower gets higher pick) third will be Head to Head, fourth will be AWAY record from Previous Season.


Tanking: As the pool for player is deep there should be no excuse for tanking in this league. To keep us all honest (in the pending Babe Ruth years) you must win 40 games by game 120 to qualify for a top 5 pick.

Stadium Changes: When your team is Retracted by MLB (reverse expansion from MLB History ie: New York Mets) as team owner you will choose to move your team to a NEW city. You will select a new stadium from the remaining Stadiums of that decade not taken by existing franchises that have rights to them. If we run out of stadiums in a decade, you will use the Stadium from the previous Season. Future Stadium selection (Draft) will be on an as needed basis, draft order is based on the same criteria as the Player Draft.
5/26/2011 2:39 PM
Plenty of good Offense lead by two Hall of Famers.  This team has the 13th pick in the upcoming draft.  I ran this team last season.

Milwaukee (County Stadium):

Hitters:
Molitor, Paul
Paciorek, Tom
Parrish, Lance
Hendrick, George
Bench, Johnny
Bochte, Bruce
Piniella, Lou

Pitchers:
Farmer, Ed

Needs 17
5/26/2011 3:04 PM (edited)
Do I understand this correctly:
1. The upcoming season is the 70s
2. For each player, i pick any season in the 70s
3. Next season (the 60s) all players I currently have on my team that have seasons in the 1960s are carried over and i can pick any season in the 1960s for each.
4. The current season's draft pool is any player with seasons in the 1970's not on someones team already
5. Between seasons I can cut as many players as I want 

5/26/2011 8:48 PM
yes.
yes.
yes.
yes.
yes.
5/26/2011 11:22 PM
Posted by id_203 on 5/26/2011 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Do I understand this correctly:
1. The upcoming season is the 70s
2. For each player, i pick any season in the 70s
3. Next season (the 60s) all players I currently have on my team that have seasons in the 1960s are carried over and i can pick any season in the 1960s for each.
4. The current season's draft pool is any player with seasons in the 1970's not on someones team already
5. Between seasons I can cut as many players as I want 

Yes to all, Mantle enters next year, then DiMaggio and on to Gehrig.
5/27/2011 2:04 AM
Are you interested??
5/27/2011 2:04 AM
Sounds like fun.  I'll take the dodgers if that works.
5/27/2011 2:39 PM
Posted by id_203 on 5/27/2011 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like fun.  I'll take the dodgers if that works.
Damn, they were just atken before you in the Progressive forum.  What are the chances two guys sign up in 15 minutes.

Would you like one of the other franchises?
5/27/2011 2:46 PM
Posted by cannon444 on 5/27/2011 2:25:00 PM (view original):
I'll take LA
You got it.  Thanks.
5/27/2011 2:47 PM
lol...thats fine, it happens.  I was torn between the Dodgers and the Pirates anyway.  I like the idea of the back-to-back picks.  I'll take Pittsburgh. Hopefully this one works out!

5/27/2011 3:46 PM
Posted by id_203 on 5/27/2011 3:47:00 PM (view original):
lol...thats fine, it happens.  I was torn between the Dodgers and the Pirates anyway.  I like the idea of the back-to-back picks.  I'll take Pittsburgh. Hopefully this one works out!

Cool, the Pittsburgh franchise is yours!
5/27/2011 4:48 PM (edited)
We Need 1 owner but are ready to go and will start drafting this week (Tuesday or Wednesday).
5/28/2011 1:06 PM
This team still needs an owner and the draft starts today.  I will run the draft until we find an owner.
6/2/2011 10:33 AM
Time Lapse Reg v4(1970's): Need 1 DRAFTING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.