The SSSP (Simple Single Season Progressive) is ready to start its 2nd season, 1962. It is a 16 team league and progresses 1 season at a time. We currently have 3 openings. (Now 1,  Team 1 & 3 are taken).

Below are the 3 teams as they were at the time of the draft when the 3 owners left.

Since 2 of the 3 owners left mid-draft their respective teams need a few more players yet which you'll need to finish. We also have 6/4 AAA spots which you can also fill if you want. I will give access to the league forum upon interest.
Any questions? Just LMK.

1/25/2012 8:56 PM (edited)

Team 1 - Taken - doubletruck
1962 Spartans
Connie Mack Stadium

C  Ed Bailey
C  Charlie Lau
C  Jim Schaffer
1B Norm Cash
2B Charlie Neal
2B Pumpsie Green
2B Ken Hubbs - rookie
3B Ken Boyer
SS Zoilo Versalles
OF Chuck Essegian
OF Bob Skinner
OF Lenny Green
OF Hector Lopez
OF Wally Moon

P  Paul Foytack
P  Turk Farrell
P  Bob Gibson
P  Ernie Broglio
P  Jim Coates
P  Harvey Haddix
P  Frank Lary
P  Art Fowler
p  Jim Bouton - rookie

Need 2 more draftees yet.

IR
2B Mike Dela Hoz
........................................................................................
Team 2 - Taken - cardsfan
1962 Right Field Conspiracy
Forbes Field

Hitters
C   Jim Pagliaroni
C   Cam Cameron
1B  Joe Adcock
1B  Dale Long
2B  Don Blasingame
3B  Jim Gilliam
3B  Ed Charles - rookie
SS  Chico Fernandez
OF  Mickey Mantle
OF  Joe Christopher
OF  Leon Wagner
OF  Lou Brock - rookie

Pitchers
Jim O'Toole
Joey Jay
Jack Kralick
Ken McBride
Peter Burnside
Ted Bowsfield
Galen Cisco
Jack Baldschun

Need 5 draftees yet.
.......................................................................................
Team 3 - Taken - byeags25
TURTLE BAY TIGERS
Tiger Stadium

Hitters
c roseboro
c blanchard
2b bolling    
ss mcmillan
ss tom tresh - rookie
3b eddie mathews
3b clete boyer
3b daryl spencer
of roger maris
of billy bruton
of wally post
of jim landis
of george thomas
of lou johnson - rookie

Pitchers
p whitey ford
p ron kline
p barney schultz
p bill monbuquette
p bennie daniels
p tom sturdevant
p bob anderson
p jack spring
p arnold earley
p jack lamabe - rookie
p claude raymond - rookie

1/26/2012 9:20 PM (edited)
I'll take over the Spartans, if you please.

If I can do so now, I'll take Cecil Butler, RP, and Leo Burke, OF; and for AAA, Oldis, C, and G Banks, OF, and McKenzie, RP.

Can I consider changing the team's name and/or stadium?



1/22/2012 6:37 PM
Stadiums are exclusive and must be from 1962 to 2011. These are the ones currently in use:
Fenway
Crosley Field
Forbes Field
Municiple Satdium
PNC Park
Dodger Stadium
Oakland Coliseum
Riverfront Stadium
Nationals Park
Candlestick Park
Citizens Bank Ballpark
Cleveland Stadium
Safeco Field
Jarry Park
Minute Maid Park
Anaheim Stadium
1/26/2012 5:38 PM (edited)
Xlnt...
1/22/2012 8:09 PM
I want to claim Anaheim Stadium.

I'll name my team when I enter it into the league.
1/23/2012 1:09 PM
Ok, I'll sweeten the pot to get 2 more owners to join.........

Signup and pay for the 1st season(1962) and I'll give you the next season(1963) free.
1/25/2012 4:45 PM
I'll take team 3. I'll let you know if I'm changing stadiums tomorrow. Pretty straight forward I assume? Can keep anyone and the draft is first year guys and unprotected players? Is there a DH? If you send me something about who is available, I'll decide on the AAA too. If I don't take any, is it random WIS AAA guys?
1/25/2012 7:53 PM
If I get the team, I'll take Arlington Stadium
1/25/2012 8:19 PM
Actually, I'll take Nationals park
1/25/2012 8:44 PM
You got it byeags25. Thank You! Sending SM to answer your questions.
1/25/2012 8:54 PM
Just need 1 more so we can start the 2nd season.......

1/26/2012 5:38 PM
Heck, I like a challenge. I'll take the other team.
1/26/2012 6:47 PM
Awesome! You got it cardsfan.
1/26/2012 9:08 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.