Dirty Dozen Progressive '30's (Waitlisting) Topic

Dirty Dozen Progressive League


We will start this new progressive with the year 1929. Next season we'll use 1930, and so on.....


Initial Draft:
21 rounds total. 1 player per round in rounds 1-16. 2 players per round and/or your stadium and 1 player in rounds 17-21.
The draft order for round 1 will be random. Remaining rounds will be serpentine. We will do the 1st round off-the-clock and then starting with round 2 we will do 2 rounds per day on-the-clock with half-hour increments. If you miss a pick it can be made up at anytime, however sending proxys is recommended.

Subsequent Drafts:
Draft order is worst to first determined by W/L PCT at the end of the season. The 10 teams that don't make the WS will all get a chance at the 1st overall pick using a weighted lottery. 30 numbers will be used with the 2 worst teams getting 5 numbers each, next 2 teams get 4 numbers, next 2 get 3 numbers, next 2 get 2 numbers and last 2 get 1 number. Any ties will be broken by team salary with the lower salary team moving up in position in each round. There is no win floor.
You only get as many picks as you need to fill your 25 man roster.

Tanking is NOT allowed. Play your best and be a spoiler.

Keeper Lists are due by the 120 day Transaction Deadline.

IR/DL is unlimited for players without a WIS eligible season only.

Trading of draft picks 1 season in advance. All trades must be announced and confirmed in the forum if they involve draft picks or are made during the off-season.

WIS Format D - 12 teams 6=NL, 6=AL, w/interleague
No Salary Cap 
No DH
No WW
No Live Play
2 AAA - Will be randomly drawn from the highest salaried players remaining in the draft pool after the draft is complete
Injuries off
Random Alignment 1st season, then the same each season thereafter
Stadiums are exclusive and must have been used during the season we are simming. Can be changed first/come first/serve after each subsequent draft is complete.

Owners: bheid408;jeff4noles;coled;dh0220;jt111583;jayjelinek;beirnej1;Bootone;byeags25;mensu1954;big_dowg; robboogi
Waitlist: 1.fabulous 2.

2/16/2012 5:26 PM (edited)
I would be interested.I would recommend 16 owners
2/6/2012 6:56 PM
I might be interested also.  I would recommend 12 teams though since there were only 16 RL teams.  I'm in one that has gone though the 30's and is now in '38 that is a 12 team and the pitching is weak enough as it is.
2/6/2012 7:35 PM
I would join as well. . .
2/7/2012 9:31 AM
I'd play.
2/7/2012 10:12 AM
I'd play, and vote for a 16 team format also.
2/7/2012 11:07 AM
I would also join
2/7/2012 11:35 AM
I'm usually not a big fan of single season progressives, but if someone puts together a 12 team league, give me a shout!
2/7/2012 11:49 AM
Looks like there may be enough interest to start a new one.  I'd prefer a 16 team format but the talent level would be better in a 12 team league. 16 teams would probably require a need for AAA where 12 teams wouldn't.
2/7/2012 3:18 PM
Count me in
2/8/2012 7:43 AM
could you do a 12 team league with interleague?it would be boring playing 32 games against just 5 teams.if you could do 12 with interleague go for it
2/8/2012 1:21 PM
Yes, there is a format for 12 teams, 6 in NL, 6 in AL, with interleague play. I am in the process of setting up a new league with that format.  I'll SM everyone who has shown interest in this thread as soon as I have it ready to go.
2/8/2012 10:11 PM

I would definitely join if its a 12 team format!

2/9/2012 1:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Need 1 to get this league started!

2/12/2012 6:52 PM
12 Next ▸
Dirty Dozen Progressive '30's (Waitlisting) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.