The What If Baseball Hadn't Expanded League (WIBHEL) is looking for an owner for the upcoming 1974 season.
The WIBHEL is a 16 team league that plays under the 1960 MLB rules: two leagues, no divisions, no LCS, the pennant winners meet each other in the WS.
We also set the 1st rounder draft order from BEST to WORST (excluding the two playoff teams). Subsequent rounds use the traditional worst to first order.
It's a pretty stable league, ten of the 16 owners have been in it since season one or two.
The draft will start the first or second week in August.
I can provide a spreadsheet of available players to anyone who wants one.
We use a 29 man roster through the use of UPICK AAA and these teams will have bonus draft picks at the end of the 1st round (effectively the 17th pick and 18th pick).
You will have three picks in the top 22 or so, on pace for #11,17, and #22.
I will post the team when I get some time this afternoon.
7/27/2012 6:20 AM (edited)