I'm retiring from the SIm to free up some of my time for other things. I want to spare the commissioner the trouble of recruiting my replacement in the Space Age progressive. I've got a team in good shape heading into the 1952 season. It's never had a losing record and should contend again this year. The team's biggest asset right now is Robin Roberts, arguable the best pitcher in the decade.
The team is free to the new owner and I will also throw in some unused WIS credit. I have $9 at the moment but have at least 4 teams that will soon be in the playoffs, so there will be at least another $12 and possibly more if they make it through the first round. Who knows? There might be an eventual TOC champion in there. I'd just like them to go to someone who will be a responsible owner in the space age league.
The league has started the 1952 draft but it has been delayed for a couple of weeks. the commissioner, Italyprof, had some work related conflict to attend to.
Because the 1950s doesn't have enough players to complete our rosters, we use secondary players from the pool of players who finished their careers during WWII. We use their last active year, and they are exclusive. Each year we draft first from the pool of players who actually played that year and then we have another draft to choose from the secondary players necessary to complete the roster. It works out pretty well. These players are denoted by the letter s in the roster below.
Pittsburgh keepers
Injured reserve: 1b Jack Phillips, SP George Zuvernik
C. Frankie Pytlak (s)
1b Dee Fondy
2b Moon Mullen (s)
ss Johnny Pesky
3b Alex Kampouris (s)
Of Wally Westlake
Of Don Mueller
Of Oris Hockett (s)
Of Dave Philley
Of Bud Stewart
Of Morrie Aderholt (s)
Of Art Rebel (s)
1b Mike Schemer (s)
SP Robin Roberts
SP Ray Prim (s)
SP Jim Tobin (s)
SP Dave Koslo
SP Lefty Wilke (s)
SP Lefty Grove (s)
P Monte Kennedy