Good evening everyone!!
Awhile back I sent out a sitemail and included in it was a note concerning a new league I was looking at starting. Some of you stated you were not interested, but wanted to include everyone again.
Anyway, the idea would be to go back to where we started to 1920 with a few changes. My very first progressive (way back when) had a beginning that I always liked. As an owner committed to joining they picked a franchise and also 2 franchise players (1 hitter/1 pitcher) from the 1920 roster to start with. Everyone else went into the initial draft pool.
There will be some additional rules to come that will affect the first seasons draft only. All other rules and drafts will be pretty standard for progressives. As an example, the team I chose was the 1969 Reds...I took Pete Rose and Gary Nolan, they were mine before the draft started. Bench and Morgan went into draft.
As for the surprises, I will be taking the Yankees, and not so I can finally get a ring from you guys!! but, well that's part of the surprise. I can tell you it will be fair and I will not be the beneficiary. The draft order for initial draft will be tied into things and announced later.