1 This will be a Decade Franchise League starting 1950-59 to 2010-19. (Only 7 Seasons) .After 2019 we can talk about regression or quitting.

2. 1950s franchises will be chosen by 16 owners Random.Org will determine the order.

3. To maintain fairness and competitive balance there will be a very tight 74 million dollar cap. CHALLENGE- You will need to decide whether a superstar’s salary will help your team or hurt the rest of the roster. I’ve played around with all 16 franchises and believe we will all be between 73-74 mil. Some franchises will need to make painful cuts. How do you make your franchise better than the others, when you can’t outspend them?

4. Franchise rotation. At the end of each season (decade), the four last place teams and the next 4 worst teams will have the opportunity to change franchises. (Ties in W-L record will be broken by 1. Division wins, 2. Run differential 3. Random . Org. ) After the 50s decade the worst team #16 can trade his franchise for either the Mets, Astros, Angels, or new Senators). Suppose he trades the Cubs in for the Angels. Now # 15 has a choice of Mets, Astros, Cubs, or new Senators. Owners may pass and keep their franchise. Owners of the best 8 teams must keep their franchise. The commissioner will realign divisions after this trying to keep as close to tradition as possible. This will happen after each season.

5. Other Info
A. Anyone who had a WIS eligible season for your franchise may be selected.
B. No clones on a team, but there will be in the league.
C Stadiums must have been used by your franchise during the decade.
D No WW
E.No DH in 50s or 60s. AL owners may vote in 70s.
F. If I can set it up correctly I would like 2/2 *Average AAA. Draft your own from your franchise any year.

6. if I forgot anything, or you have questions post them here.

Site Mail:

szczubelek;specsman;fatguyrd;bheid408;jeff4noles;fillies;Mazzilli16;Boddicker;bkdries;joerat1;beachbum3494;Bluesguy;Landry19;fredbird;fatboydad54;Rebel23
Posts: 13267 (2)
Hall of Famer

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:

6 15 10 13 7 8 1 16 5 14 2 12 3 4 11 9

Timestamp: 2021-07-21 04:28:39 UTC

7/21/2021 12:29 AM



Owners
1.szczubelek------6
2.specsman-------15
3. fatguyrd---------10
4. jeff4noles--------13
5. bheid408---------7
6. Mazzilli16--------8
7. fillies---------------1
8. Boddicker--------16
9. bkdries------------5
10.joerat1-----------14
11. fabulous--------2
12. Bluesguy-------12
13 Landry19--------3
14.fatboydad54-----4
15.fredbird----------11
16. Rebel23-------8
wait list poppapump

TEAM SELECTION ORDER
1.fillies
2. fabulous
3. Landry 19
4.fatboydad54
5.bkdries
6. szczubelek
7.bheid408
8. Mazzilli16
9 rebel23
10. fatguyrd
11.fredbird
12. Bluesguy
13. jeff4noles
14. joerat1
15. specsman
16. Boddicker
7/26/2021 9:15 AM (edited)
1950s Divusions/Leagues

NL East
Philadelphia Phils
Pittsbugh Pirates
Cinn. Reds
Boston/Milw Braves

NL West
StL Cards
Chic Cubs
NY/SF Giants
Brook/LA Dodgers

ALEast
Boston Red Sox
NY Yankees
Wash Senators
Balt/Stl Browns/Orioles

AL West
Cleve Indians
Det Tigers
CWS
KC/Philly As
7/26/2021 10:57 AM (edited)
I need another progressive like I need a kick in the teeth but I’ll join yours Bob. Sounds like fun
7/16/2021 5:56 PM
count me in
7/16/2021 6:03 PM
Steve, specsman thank you very much
7/16/2021 6:17 PM
Please reserve me a spot
7/16/2021 6:23 PM
Welcome Jeff
7/16/2021 6:48 PM
In
7/16/2021 7:39 PM
Welcome bheid408
7/16/2021 7:53 PM
5 in during first 3 hours, hopefully that’s a good sign.

I really believe the low cap, will lead to balanced competition.
7/16/2021 10:55 PM
Another thing about the lower cap and the whole decade to choose from is that we will see some players not normally used.
7/17/2021 7:14 AM
On vacation now and won't be back until mid-August. If you have an opening at that time, I'd be interested in joining.
7/17/2021 8:40 PM

Bob...you know you can count on me to manage in your league. Thanks.
7/17/2021 8:55 PM
Welcome Mazzilli, thanks.

Poppa enjoy your vacation, I’m on a permanent vacation. Hope we will be fill, but if not I will get back to you.
7/17/2021 9:00 PM
Posted by fatguyrd on 7/17/2021 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Welcome Mazzilli, thanks.

Poppa enjoy your vacation, I’m on a permanent vacation. Hope we will be fill, but if not I will get back to you.
Being retired I’m also on permanent vacation. But now we are going on a “fun vacation.” And thanks for getting me in mind.
7/18/2021 2:02 PM
123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.