Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Not to stir controversy here, but this Viola for Marshall and Falcone trade is one I’d be looking into if I were the commissioner. A future 3-time all star and cy young winner - the beat pitcher Minnesota will get this decade, traded for a couple of spare parts?
5/12/2019 1:38 PM
Posted by crazyamos on 5/12/2019 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Not to stir controversy here, but this Viola for Marshall and Falcone trade is one I’d be looking into if I were the commissioner. A future 3-time all star and cy young winner - the beat pitcher Minnesota will get this decade, traded for a couple of spare parts?
Agreed...
5/12/2019 1:52 PM
Veto
5/12/2019 2:01 PM
Fellas
I'm not here to stir controversy - especially before we even get started. This trade was initiated by and largely engineered by bp. I don't mind including a different player/pitcher if necessary. I just agreed to the deal...
5/12/2019 2:05 PM
I don't believe anyone is upset,,,it's just a very lopsided deal.
5/12/2019 4:01 PM
Agreed with mensu. No hard feelings, no ill will assumed. It's just that if a team ends up chronically short of IP in this league - with only 6 extra rosters to draw on - split between 20 owners - things will get ugly fast. For Minnesota, their four best hitters of the decade (Puckett, Brunansky, Gaeti, and Hrbek) are all coming into their primes just when their best SP of the decade (Viola) is. Without Viola, they won't be competitive.

Viola has a run of 10 seasons with well over 200 IP per season from 1983 to 1992. Several of those seasons are good, and 4 are excellent. By contrast, Mike Marshall has short innings in his final season in 1981 and Pete Falcone has 4 mediocre years left.
5/12/2019 4:11 PM
deal - post it and I'll confirm.

-----Original Message-----
From: bpamaco
To: goetz93
Sent: 5/12/2019 7:31:00 AM
Subject: RE: trade

How about Pete Falcone & Mike Marshall

-----Original Message-----
From: goetz93
To: bpamaco
Sent: 5/11/2019 9:08:00 PM
Subject: RE: trade

Sure - who’d you have in mind? Can have more than one

-----Original Message-----
From: bpamaco
To: goetz93
Sent: 5/11/2019 6:41:00 PM
Subject: trade

Intersted in rights to 82 frank viola for currrrrrrrrrent pitch
5/12/2019 4:17 PM
Just so we have transparency - that was the dialogue - do with that what you want.
5/12/2019 4:18 PM
If it helps - I was willing to offer reardon - who is a stud in 81 and 82 and has more long term value....but as you see I didn't have to make that counter...
5/12/2019 4:20 PM
Not accusing anyone of anything, but the whole “he proposed the trade” still doesn’t excuse accepting such a lopsided deal.
5/12/2019 5:55 PM
If the Mets want to add their 1982 2R pick that's fine, but I did check if I could trade rights & didn't get any other offers. This will give the NYM a stronger team in 1983 & help me this year. Granted Mike Marshall only has one year but did win CY Young Award and has an ERC# of 143. His ERA in 1981 matches Santana, MY #1 starter. Falcone is a great set for 81/82.
5/12/2019 6:57 PM
Sorry, been gone all day for mother’s day atKings Island amusement park.
5/12/2019 7:56 PM
Yeah, that deals not gonna fly, can’t allow a team to give up a long prett good career, for a 1 yr guy, and Falcone who is only good for 1 year as well, and only has 4 total, just too lopsided, I don’t want a team crippled then have to try and get a new owner for it.

You are welcome to trade Viola, but you gotta get something more guys.
5/12/2019 8:03 PM
Happy to amend deal - don’t think I should be accused of doing something wrong tho
5/12/2019 8:04 PM
Nothing wrong with trying to improve your team but can’t let a team give away a pretty decent, more than a decade career for basically 1 season, Marshall is good, but for 50 ips, Falcone is good for 81, but then not much and retired after 84, just not enough.
As I said in a sitemail to the other party, gotta do better guys.
5/12/2019 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.