The sky is falling!!! Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 12/01/2008They're staying because they might get something from WifS
Exactly. My 3 options:

1. Get something from WIS and leave the league

2. WIS comes up with a plan to fill the league and I have a shot at winning another WS regrdless of whether it is a long term solution or not.

3. I get nothing, which is pretty much what I have now.

I don't lose with any of these options. The only way I lose is if I leave and then they choose to go with 1 or 2 after I leave (well, you could argue that I lose if I'm stuck in a league with pieo and dblaine going at it all the time, but that's another story). This isn't rocket science. I HAVE to stay until whatever is going to happen happens.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at WIS for suggesting the buyout or suggesting they have a solution in the works. You can't blame us for acting based on what we've been told.
12/1/2008 1:16 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/1/2008 1:18 PM
I'm tired of the "take advantage of noob comments." That may happen in some leagues, but it's certainly not the problem in UBA Inc. Four of the nine teams available made the playoffs last season. Three are division champs. Basically we can't get owners to take playoff-ready teams. That's not a problem with the league. That's a lack of overall interest in HBD.
12/1/2008 1:29 PM
What does "everyone" have to do with each individual?

harthj, and the other x-amount of owners who don't care to keep the league running, have nothing to gain by leaving. A carrot has been dangled. Only a jackass wouldn't wait to see if they get to eat it.
12/1/2008 1:30 PM
There isn't a "lack of overall interest in HBD". There's a lack of interest in many of the leagues that aren't filling.
12/1/2008 1:31 PM
Felt what way?

As far as "the deal" goes, one owner has no interest in taking the deal right now. Either WIS will come with a new proposal that doesn't require 100% participation or they won't. Right now, unless that guy changes his mind, there is no deal. Who am I to tell him he's wrong to stick to his guns? If that's what he wants to do, then that's what he should do.

Whatever happens, happens. Not knowing what solution WIS has in store for us is the only thing delaying it. I don't expect the lone holdout to ever change his stance, nor do I care if he does. WIS needs to announce whatever their solution to the league crisis is and this will all go away as far as I'm concerned one way or the other.

The problem is much bigger than this one league...some of you should be more worried about that than what happens here. I see similar situations brewing in other leagues...nobody wants to accept responsibility for their part in it, yet we're all in one way or another at fault. Nobody is blameless.
12/1/2008 1:36 PM
I think the interest in MLHB is because it's the guinea pig. What happens there will affect all of HBD and, more directly, all the worlds that struggle to fill.
12/1/2008 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 12/01/2008What does "everyone" have to do with each individual?harthj, and the other x-amount of owners who don't care to keep the league running, have nothing to gain by leaving. A carrot has been dangled.   Only a jackass wouldn't wait to see if they get to eat it.

I wouldn't say a jackass. While they stay in their league their originally $25 is being tied up. If money is a factor to someone, and they just wish to play leaving now when it appears obvious that they won't some money deal wouldn't label someone a jackass. If the money means nothing to you then yes leaving would be a unwise move, however unless they talk the owner or owners to leave that they are unlikely to get some cash compensation and that there best hope is the league fills up with some promotion from WIS.
12/1/2008 1:40 PM
Well, then there's a lack of interest in owners taking over good teams in a good league (UBA Inc). We've got 105-win team sitting there for the taking. We've got Portland - the most dominant team in the AL West - available. We've got two other division championship teams available. We've also got the worst team in the league (with some very good young prospects) available. Interest is definitely waning in HBD.
12/1/2008 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By plague on 12/01/2008
Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 12/01/2008
What does "everyone" have to do with each individual?

harthj, and the other x-amount of owners who don't care to keep the league running, have nothing to gain by leaving. A carrot has been dangled. Only a jackass wouldn't wait to see if they get to eat it.

I wouldn't say a jackass. While they stay in their league their originally $25 is being tied up. If money is a factor to someone, and they just wish to play leaving now when it appears obvious that they won't some money deal wouldn't label someone a jackass. If the money means nothing to you then yes leaving would be a unwise move, however unless they talk the owner or owners to leave that they are unlikely to get some cash compensation and that there best hope is the league fills up with some promotion from WIS

That $25 is spent. As I said earlier, all of them have other teams. I see no rush to make a move.
12/1/2008 1:42 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/1/2008 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By lylediekmann on 12/01/2008Well, then there's a lack of interest in owners taking over good teams in a good league (UBA Inc). We've got 105-win team sitting there for the taking. We've got Portland - the most dominant team in the AL West - available. We've got two other division championship teams available. We've also got the worst team in the league (with some very good young prospects) available. Interest is definitely waning in HBD

I disagree. I have waiting lists for Coop and MG. Every season. People still want to play in those worlds and, obviously, have the time/money for another team.
12/1/2008 1:44 PM
12/1/2008 1:46 PM
Well maybe you would be kind enough to site mail me some of the owners on your wait list.
12/1/2008 1:48 PM
12/1/2008 1:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...35 Next ▸
The sky is falling!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.