I've listed below some players and their seasons in progression as to how the PFtP will work. I just randomly took players from the database and used them to show as an example how adding a different player each season will affect the total salary up to the $30M Cap. Season 1 I drafted Mays and use his first season. Season 2 I drafted Trout, use his first season and May's second season. Season 3 I draft Messersmith, use his first season, Trout's second and May's third... and so on....
Season-1: Willie Mays#1-$4,436,824 (TOTAL=$4,436,824)
Season-2: Dizzy Trout#1-$4,154,312 and Mays#2-$1,456,615 (TOTAL=$5,610,927)
Season-3: Andy Messersmith#1-$3,040,213 and Trout#2-$1,777,033 and Mays#3-$10,175,293 (TOTAL=$14,992,539)
Season-4: Al Simmons#1-$5,325,744 and Messersmith#2-$8,340,121 and Trout#3-$3,629,842 and Mays#4-$9,767,265 (TOTAL=$27,062,972)
Season-5: Joe Sewell#1-$547,893 and Simmons#2-$9,448,195 and Messersmith#3-$5,415,414 and Trout#4-$5,327,950 and Mays#5-$7,410,223 (TOTAL=$28,149,675)
Season-6: Sewell#2-$5,154,687 and Simmons#3-$6,866,148 and Messersmith#4-$7,511,090 and Trout#5-$7,357,149 and Mays#6-$9,310,243 (TOTAL=$36,199,317)
As you can see, in Season 6 my five "Players From the Past" go over the $30M Cap by $6,199,317. So, not only do I NOT get to draft a new PFtP in Season 6 but I also have to Cut someone to get under the Cap. If I would cut Sewell and his $5+ million it wouldn't be enough so I'll have to choose to cut Simmons, Messersmith, Trout or Mays. Maybe my team has 4 good outfielders so I Cut Simmons and his $6.86M to get down to $29,333,169.
Season-7 then looks like this: Sewell#3-$4,494,635 and Messersmith#5-$5,707,714 and Trout#6-$12,083,226 and Mays#7-$9,280,034 (TOTAL=$31,565,609)
Again, over the Cap, no drafting and I need to make another Cut. Well, Mays is my main man, I drafted Trout for this top season of his in the first place, Messersmith has 2 good seasons coming yet so I'm going to cut Sewell. Makes the new TOTAL for Season 7 = $27,070,974.
Season-8: Messersmith#6-$7,201,168 and Trout#7-$6,354,744 and Mays#8-$7,676,826 (TOTAL=$21,232,738) I come in under the Cap so I can draft a new PFtP in Season 8.
12/24/2010 10:19 AM (edited)