BRAND NEW - 1946/1969 TRUE ROOKIE League - FILLED Topic

Toss me in the mix sir
4/1/2022 12:43 PM
Right On & Thanks for Joining the League...

4/1/2022 1:55 PM
I have a couple questions:

“The player database available for the draft will be all players (WIS) available in 1946 & 1969 and players that RETIRED in 1946 and 1969.”

arent players that retired in 46 and 69 already included with the players in the WIS database for 46 and 69?



“Example : If he was playing in 1950/1973, that was his 4th Season, then he can be Redrafted for the 1950/1973 Season, Progressing 1 year with the League. If that Player fails to be drafted that Year, He will be Elimated from the League's Future Drafts, Unless he has eligibility for future Seasons. So if we were in the 1974 Season, He could only be drafted for the 1974 Season Only. When we are in Season #3, Willie Mays would be in his 3rd Season's of Play and advances accordingly. Season 3 will be 1949 & 1972 Rookies and so on.”

im not sure I fully follow this. But I think it’s that players progress one year at a time regardless of whether they were on a team or not, correct?
4/1/2022 4:52 PM (edited)
I took it to mean that any player who plays in WIS 1969 can be drafted and they go back to their WIS rookie year - including - players retiring in 1969.
I questioned it as well but I think that is what our friend meant.
4/1/2022 6:26 PM
I will join
4/1/2022 6:35 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/1/2022 4:52:00 PM (view original):
I have a couple questions:

“The player database available for the draft will be all players (WIS) available in 1946 & 1969 and players that RETIRED in 1946 and 1969.”

arent players that retired in 46 and 69 already included with the players in the WIS database for 46 and 69?



“Example : If he was playing in 1950/1973, that was his 4th Season, then he can be Redrafted for the 1950/1973 Season, Progressing 1 year with the League. If that Player fails to be drafted that Year, He will be Elimated from the League's Future Drafts, Unless he has eligibility for future Seasons. So if we were in the 1974 Season, He could only be drafted for the 1974 Season Only. When we are in Season #3, Willie Mays would be in his 3rd Season's of Play and advances accordingly. Season 3 will be 1949 & 1972 Rookies and so on.”

im not sure I fully follow this. But I think it’s that players progress one year at a time regardless of whether they were on a team or not, correct?
Yes, That is Correct... All Players advance 1 yr,,, Drafted or Not... After season 1,,, The Only Rookies will be from the new year, advancing 1 year...
Example... In 1947/70... The Only Rookies will be from that Year... all other Players advance 1 season of Play...
4/1/2022 9:12 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/1/2022 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I took it to mean that any player who plays in WIS 1969 can be drafted and they go back to their WIS rookie year - including - players retiring in 1969.
I questioned it as well but I think that is what our friend meant.
NO, after a player retires... They may Reappear later on... Then they can be redrafted again...
4/2/2022 8:32 AM (edited)
Welcome Jeff4noles
4/1/2022 9:25 PM
So in 1947 you can draft the rookie season of any player in the 1947 database even if they are retiring but in 1948 you can only draft 1948 players not previously drafted and they progress one season at a time until they retire.

Is that correct?
4/1/2022 11:17 PM (edited)
I'm Going to Change the Rule about CLONES...

Keeping in the Spirit of the NEW PROGRESSIVE THEME TRUE ROOKIES League.
ALL Players when they Come in the NEW YEARS Of Play will Thru the Wiz. Will be Eligible to Be Drafted again by a 2nd Owner. Allowing CLONE'S...
I Think the Clones will Start with Willie Mays, When the League gets to the1951 Draft... Otherwise Future Drafts will Not have all Eligible Rookies avaible to be drafted.

I'll also Delete the Language about Retirement of Players. I Think that's Confusing people.

Kevin - Comish

If you still have Questions... Please Ask...


4/2/2022 5:43 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/1/2022 11:17:00 PM (view original):
So in 1947 you can draft the rookie season of any player in the 1947 database even if they are retiring but in 1948 you can only draft 1948 players not previously drafted and they progress one season at a time until they retire.

Is that correct?
Is the above correct?
4/2/2022 9:33 AM
Are we still going to use the rule about DL seasons from the previous True Rookie league?

An example of this from that league was Jim Palmer: he was drafted as a rookie in 65, and was on the IR in 69, yet when we reset the league, he went from 68 to 70. We have numerous examples in 46, what with the WWII years.

4/2/2022 9:47 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/2/2022 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/1/2022 11:17:00 PM (view original):
So in 1947 you can draft the rookie season of any player in the 1947 database even if they are retiring but in 1948 you can only draft 1948 players not previously drafted and they progress one season at a time until they retire.

Is that correct?
Is the above correct?
YES, Players don't Leave the Wiz Unless they Have NO more Seasons...
Any Players Not Drafted in 1946 or 1969 that have Wiz time Yet can be Drafted to those Years 1947/70

WW2 won't affect us in any way. Remember they would advance until they have Seasons in the Wiz...
WW2 was Over in 1945...
The Only time any Player goes on the IR is if they would Pass the Currect Season of Play...
EXAMPLE : You Drafted a Player who's Rookie Year was 1939... He can back from the WW2 in 1946, His 2nd Year of his Career...
Then he would advance from 1939 all the way to 1946...
If that same Player didn't Return to the Wiz until 1949...
Then YES, He would Go on the IR Then Because He cannot Pass the Current Year of Play, which was 1947...

4/2/2022 5:41 PM (edited)
I will join.
Would like to try a baseball league
4/2/2022 5:51 PM
Welcome to the League Morph21

4/2/2022 7:07 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
BRAND NEW - 1946/1969 TRUE ROOKIE League - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.