On this date in 1973, the New York Yankees defeated the California Angels 6-0 as Roy White homers from both sides of the plate. 





This was the first Yankees game I ever attended.  It was the only game I ever saw in Yankee Stadium I.  I had been to a Mets/Braves game at Shea Stadium-- my very first major league game -- in July.  How lucky was I that in my first 2 games, as an 8-year-old, I got to see 4 Hall-Of-Famers (Aaron, Mays, Seaver, Frank Robinson), a 1-hitter (Ron Schuler over the Mets), a 2-HR performance, and 2 future Mets World Series managers as players (Davey Johnson & Bobby Valentine)?

8/13/2010 3:58 PM
I'll join
8/14/2010 9:53 AM
bump.  Let's not let this die.
8/17/2010 9:30 AM

Well, now there's competition...

www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx

8/18/2010 1:19 PM
I'm in
8/18/2010 2:36 PM
Please remove me from your List... too much time as passed with No prepation, and there's another 1970 league that has just started and has more owners than this League has already... Good Luck Tedco....
8/26/2010 6:17 PM
I'm out, too.
8/26/2010 7:55 PM
i withdraw
8/26/2010 8:06 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.