Franchise Decades Progressive FULL Topic

How do we get players for the Angels, Mets, Twins, Astros??...they dont have a 1960 season roster to use.
All of their players belong to a different team.
12/5/2019 1:53 PM
Posted by beachbum3494 on 12/5/2019 12:20:00 PM (view original):
I will take the Indians.
Thanks for joining!
12/5/2019 7:31 PM
Posted by Landry19 on 12/5/2019 1:53:00 PM (view original):
How do we get players for the Angels, Mets, Twins, Astros??...they dont have a 1960 season roster to use.
All of their players belong to a different team.
The expansion teams are disadvantaged. Only players who are rookies for them will be used. Remember we are not limited to using players who started in 1960. For example the Mets will have a nice lineup of starting pitchers despite not starting in 1960.
The first team a player plays for in each decade is his team. Some interesting things happen with this concept such as Nolan Ryan never being an Angel. Since he played for Mets in 1970 he will play for them. They can use any season of the decade not just Mets seasons
12/5/2019 7:42 PM
I saw my first game in 1966 as a 10 year old as well, and will never forget the image of entering the stadium and seeing the ball field for the first time. It was the Yankees v the Senators in DC and I grew up a Senators fan. I was able to see my childhood idol - Mickey Mantle, but also loved Frank "Hondo" Howard as a close second to the Mick. You noted above the expansion teams are disadvantaged and the qualifying Senators player options are very thin in this theme. Only a fool would take the Senators.

With that said, I'll take the Senators and can wait until the 70's decade to re-unite with Hondo.

First in War, first in peace and last in the American League!!!
12/7/2019 11:35 AM
I'll try chisox
12/7/2019 8:31 PM
Thanks midknight and farleyfustle!

12/8/2019 8:07 AM
I will be getting a league number and sending to everyone today
12/8/2019 8:08 AM
I'd love to get in this league with the Red Sox
12/8/2019 10:46 AM
Posted by tkcronin on 12/8/2019 10:46:00 AM (view original):
I'd love to get in this league with the Red Sox
You got it. Thanks!
12/9/2019 11:45 AM
Sorry am having problems with real life AAA when setting up the league. Can’t seem to get lower salaried players to work. I’ll keep trying
12/10/2019 7:32 PM
I am taking a 2nd team

Houston Astro’s
12/11/2019 3:44 PM
I'll take a second team as well. I will take the Twins.

Question:
The Senators became the Twins in 61. I'm assuming that I can use Senators players on the 1960 roster, correct?
12/11/2019 4:43 PM
Second team Angels Am I allowed to take anyone from the 61 roster, or only those who didnt play for someone else in 60?
12/11/2019 4:49 PM
Posted by kevinjb on 12/11/2019 4:43:00 PM (view original):
I'll take a second team as well. I will take the Twins.

Question:
The Senators became the Twins in 61. I'm assuming that I can use Senators players on the 1960 roster, correct?
Yes that season belongs to the Twins.

The Senators will have to start with 1961.
12/11/2019 6:21 PM
Posted by fatguyrd on 12/11/2019 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Second team Angels Am I allowed to take anyone from the 61 roster, or only those who didnt play for someone else in 60?
You will probably find like I did when I put together Astros team I couldn’t even get close to cap. When I put Tigers team together had no problem hitting 110 mil.

Yet I feel that Astros have a couple weak spots in lineup but nice pitching. Will be interesting.

To answer your question you can only use players whose 1st season in the 60s is with the Angels
12/11/2019 6:26 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Franchise Decades Progressive FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.