BRAND NEW - 1946/1969 TRUE ROOKIE League - FILLED Topic

I'll join.
4/3/2022 12:34 AM
Cool... Thanks thunder1008

4/3/2022 6:18 AM
kallison1; I'll try the league again. No guarantee on the second season because I'm playing in 14-16 leagues at a time.
4/3/2022 8:01 PM
Posted by tab316us on 4/3/2022 8:01:00 PM (view original):
kallison1; I'll try the league again. No guarantee on the second season because I'm playing in 14-16 leagues at a time.
Sure... Drafting your Own Team should help you Enjoy it Better... Thanks for Joining...

4/3/2022 10:22 PM
I'm most likely in, but I do have a couple questions:

1) I understand the rule change that says that two versions of the same player will be allowed in the league at some point. Will there be a prohibition against the same team having both versions of that player?

2) The initial rules mention drafting a franchise/stadium at some point during the draft. What is the significance of that? Does your choice of franchise define what stadium you have to use? Which ballparks will be available?

3) I gathered from earlier comments that you've run a version of this league before. It seems like a miserable headache to keep straight what players are available and in which years those players come from. How much of that sort of administrivia will the owners be expected to handle as opposed to the commissioner?
4/4/2022 11:34 AM
Posted by reddtrain on 4/4/2022 11:34:00 AM (view original):
I'm most likely in, but I do have a couple questions:

1) I understand the rule change that says that two versions of the same player will be allowed in the league at some point. Will there be a prohibition against the same team having both versions of that player?

2) The initial rules mention drafting a franchise/stadium at some point during the draft. What is the significance of that? Does your choice of franchise define what stadium you have to use? Which ballparks will be available?

3) I gathered from earlier comments that you've run a version of this league before. It seems like a miserable headache to keep straight what players are available and in which years those players come from. How much of that sort of administrivia will the owners be expected to handle as opposed to the commissioner?
Question #1.... The Answer to the Two Versions is whoever Drafts The Clone, Get's Him... NO Restricts there...

Question #2... The Answer is Your Team will Determine your Options of what stadium's are available to you...
Example : You Pick the Dodgers... You can Choose any Stadium that they Ever Played in...
ALSO : NO Duplicate Team Names... So there Could Only be One Dodgers Team Drafted...

Question #3... You are 100% Correct... It's a Real Pain in the *** for me, But I Love the Challenge...
If I Catch a Mistake, I Only Send a Sightmail telling the Owner what they Did wrong and to Correct the Mistake...
If they Do as they are Instructed... Then NO Harm or Foul...
But If they do NOT make the Change... I'll Probably Give them a Penality the Following Years Draft, By Dropping them 3 spots in the Draft...

CHEATING : This Is what have already seen Before... Only Drafting 1 Catcher or Only Playing 1 Catcher all Season Long.
So that Player went all the way down to ZERO Percent Fatigue Factor... I Let this Owner do it all Year, No one else Caught this or Complained...
Here's what I would Recommend if this were to Happen again... If you can't Draft 2 or more Catchers. Then Play a Shortstop out of Position there...
I wouldn't Be upset for that, If that was your Only Option... But ZERO Percent Fatigue factor isn't acceptable...

I Told the owner what I saw the Following Season and warned him that wouldn't be Tolerated again...
I like to allow Owners to be themselves and Play there Team there way. But sometimes Guy's go to the Wrong way Extremes...

Do these Answer your Questions & Hopefully to your satisfactions?

Kevin - Commish



4/4/2022 3:43 PM (edited)
Sounds good. Count me in.
4/4/2022 4:17 PM
Cool... Thanks...

4/4/2022 5:16 PM
anyone wanna help a guy new to baseball with some advice or cheat sheets for ways i can scout faster and more efficient
4/4/2022 6:14 PM
I will join.
4/4/2022 6:52 PM
Right On, Thanks for Joining Rob...

That now Takes us to 14 Owners that are In...

I have Given the 14 Owners Access to Our Private Forum, so everyone Can Start Doing there Research of Available Players...
Hopefully we can get to at Least 20 Teams...


4/4/2022 7:30 PM (edited)
I'm in as well
4/5/2022 12:43 PM
When will the Players on the Avaibilites Player List be available?
4/5/2022 12:55 PM
It is available. Check the baseball forum page and see the thread for this league..
4/5/2022 1:23 PM
Posted by tab316us on 4/5/2022 12:55:00 PM (view original):
When will the Players on the Avaibilites Player List be available?
YES, The Availables Player List is Set and Ready to Roll...

I'm still hoping for 20 Teams or More... But If this Stalls, I'll go with 16 Teams...


4/5/2022 3:22 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
BRAND NEW - 1946/1969 TRUE ROOKIE League - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.