Ill give it a go.
7/13/2022 10:29 PM
Posted by ff09 on 7/13/2022 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Ill give it a go.
Welcome aboard!
7/14/2022 6:24 AM
sig, I will give it a shot.....I like the unusual.
7/27/2022 2:04 AM
Posted by BullMoose on 7/27/2022 2:04:00 AM (view original):
sig, I will give it a shot.....I like the unusual.
Thanks for joining! Good to have you in the league!
7/27/2022 6:48 AM
I would like to join the party.
7/27/2022 2:41 PM
Posted by Landry19 on 7/27/2022 2:41:00 PM (view original):
I would like to join the party.
Welcome and thanks for joining!
7/27/2022 3:39 PM
My one two part question that i don't think I have clear in my mind is initial roster and draft. We draft to 33. Does the draft occur before we pick from our two franchise rosters or Can we drat past 33 then cut franchise players to get down to 33. I guess I just want to know the order we will have to use to fill our roster.
7/27/2022 6:16 PM
Posted by BullMoose on 7/27/2022 6:16:00 PM (view original):
My one two part question that i don't think I have clear in my mind is initial roster and draft. We draft to 33. Does the draft occur before we pick from our two franchise rosters or Can we drat past 33 then cut franchise players to get down to 33. I guess I just want to know the order we will have to use to fill our roster.
The franchises will be drafted via random order.
Then the random year of play will be announced.
Then the player draft. You can draft as many or as few players as you want.
After that is all done you will post your keepers - up to 33 players.
7/27/2022 6:29 PM
It is not clear to me at least after reading again and again --- "Plus the league will draft rookies, split season players and undrafted veterans from the year in play1974" ... What is the reason for the league doing this --- as a pool to choose from ?
7/27/2022 8:48 PM
Posted by Ribbentrop on 7/27/2022 8:48:00 PM (view original):
It is not clear to me at least after reading again and again --- "Plus the league will draft rookies, split season players and undrafted veterans from the year in play1974" ... What is the reason for the league doing this --- as a pool to choose from ?
The reason is to create a pool to draft from for the initial 1974 season. All 1974 rookies, players with split seasons and players from the franchises not specifically in use will create the initial draft pool.

For example - the Houston Astros are not specifically in use. The entire roster of that franchise will be in the draft.
7/28/2022 6:22 AM
Holy Toledo with only the 16 original franchises chosen there will be many players to draft then for our teams ...
7/28/2022 10:41 AM
Posted by Ribbentrop on 7/28/2022 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Holy Toledo with only the 16 original franchises chosen there will be many players to draft then for our teams ...
I do not anticipate a shortage of talent being available for the teams.
7/28/2022 2:09 PM
b
7/29/2022 9:31 PM
There will be plenty of talent in the league to build your team. This will also allow different strategies to pursue the championship. The random year players are one and done so you can go for the crown with them. If you do that you will give up the rights to some of the players that could be part of the year to year progress on your team. There will be plenty of rookies to build a squad for the future if you want to go that route.

Get on in the league while spots are left!
7/30/2022 8:17 AM
b
8/2/2022 1:06 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.