2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Posted by tigerpaw23 on 2/27/2023 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chrisekeedei on 2/26/2023 8:09:00 AM (view original):
I like rebuilding a bad team, so I'd like to take a team that would have a high initial draft pick, Will the initial draft be in reverse order of real-life 2000 standings?

If the answer is yes, I'll take the Phillies.
I like that idea. so... Yes! and welcome!
Says right here, Yes, draft will be in rev order of 2000 standings. If this is not happening, go ahead and drop me out, thx
3/14/2023 10:27 PM
I’m switching franchises to align the NL properly.

Dropping NYM for Colorado. Allows Florida to play in NL East.

Opposing pitchers aren’t thrilled with this move.
3/14/2023 11:34 PM
Posted by darny10 on 3/15/2023 12:10:00 AM (view original):
If the draft order for 2000 draft is random I’ll take NYM
Only AL teams to choose from.

Initial draft is by RL 2000 record.
3/15/2023 12:58 AM
Posted by DodgerDon on 3/15/2023 12:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darny10 on 3/15/2023 12:10:00 AM (view original):
If the draft order for 2000 draft is random I’ll take NYM
Only AL teams to choose from.

Initial draft is by RL 2000 record.
No it's not -- see tigerpaw's message at 3/14/2023 2:48 PM and the discussion following it. He makes it clear that the initial draft order is randomly chosen.

Also, DiscoDogs dropped Florida over this rule, so there is an opening in the NL. See above.
3/15/2023 7:06 AM (edited)
Why are the rules changing?

We sign up for a league then the rules change?

Not good.

PS: I dropped NYM to accommodate correct NL alignment for Florida. Now NYM are in & Florida out.

Also not good.

I’m also out on the change in draft order.

DD
3/15/2023 8:04 AM (edited)
Sorry for the miscommunication all. Was merely trying to be open to ideas or suggestions.
Road to hell is paved with good intentions.
We will stick to original plan via draft.
Again, I was trying to be open to new ideas
3/15/2023 9:10 AM
Posted by tigerpaw23 on 3/15/2023 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Sorry for the miscommunication all. Was merely trying to be open to ideas or suggestions.
Road to hell is paved with good intentions.
We will stick to original plan via draft.
Again, I was trying to be open to new ideas
Can you make it clear what you mean by "original plan"? This whole discussion I think shows the importance of making things crystal clear.
3/15/2023 9:15 AM
Posted by darny10 on 3/15/2023 12:10:00 AM (view original):
If the draft order for 2000 draft is random I’ll take NYM
Sorry. Only AL teams available.
3/15/2023 9:33 AM
Hi all, to clarify. I was opening the draft conversation up to discussion. I apologize for the confusion and from the feedback will stick with the response that I gave chrisekeedei about two thirds of the way through sign up - that we will do the inaugural three round draft in reverse order of 1999 standings. It will be a three round draft only to supplement the 25 players on your initial roster. The draft pool will be made up of the teams not selected as well as players not on a owner's keeper roster prior to the draft.
Teams may elect to keep up to 29 players in the inaugural year or as few as 25.
Example - your franchise has 30 players (pitchers and hitters combined) that are eligible for your team. You can keep 29 and skip the draft, you can keep 26 and add three or any other combo.
Hope that makes sense.
3/15/2023 9:44 AM
Just to clarify this roster rule:

Players are those on your opening day roster or 1st team (if multiple).

ex:
Gabe White P
1 Game w/Reds (April 5)
67 Games w/Rockies (traded to Rockies on April 7)

He’s on Cincinnati’s roster. Correct?
3/15/2023 11:40 AM
Yes, that would be correct.
If no one had Cincy, then White would be eligible for the draft.
3/15/2023 11:54 AM
hate to beat this to death Would Gabe White be eligible to play for the Rockies also
3/15/2023 12:16 PM
I think what would be most helpful:

1. is a list of players who played on multiple teams
2. what team the player is assigned for roster purposes.

I can’t imagine that’s a huge list, but may be I’m wrong.

DD
3/15/2023 1:18 PM
Let me use my team as an example: if I can't use players that were not on the Opening Day Roster I can't really field a team I couldn't use
Doc Gooden
David Justice
Denny Neagle
Jose Canseco
Glenallen Hill
Luis Polonia
Jose Vizcaino
Todd Edros
.
3/15/2023 1:39 PM
Hi all,

I'm sorry to do this but I'm bailing on my own league. This is becoming far far too complicated and legislated. I am an easy going, whatever works, type guy, trying to start a league that would be fun. The devil is in the details and the devil is out in full force here. Who knew running a league would become this complicated?
Im going to stick to running my own team and joining leagues run by people more competent and patient than I am with this.
If someone wants the mantle of commish for this league, since it is already 99 percent full, I'll gladly hand it over and remain in the league.
See you on the basepaths!
3/15/2023 1:54 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.