Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

It didn't change. You keep a minimum of 20 players, and the 5 round draft fills out the remaining slots.
5/7/2019 3:28 PM
Posted by mdhaix on 5/7/2019 2:56:00 PM (view original):
To get your Initial team, Load your teams roster from 1981, if a player appears on more than one team in 1981, all those teams get to use him for his entire career, as IPs and ABs may get tight, and I don't want to limit anyone to start off with. That will be the only clones for this league.

So this means I can start him in his rookie year of 1974???
Not sure who you're talking about, but no. It should say "the entire remainder of his career". Meaning you don't lose him down the road, even if he plays for other teams. You get players from 1981 onward.
5/7/2019 3:29 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/7/2019 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mdhaix on 5/7/2019 2:56:00 PM (view original):
To get your Initial team, Load your teams roster from 1981, if a player appears on more than one team in 1981, all those teams get to use him for his entire career, as IPs and ABs may get tight, and I don't want to limit anyone to start off with. That will be the only clones for this league.

So this means I can start him in his rookie year of 1974???
Not sure who you're talking about, but no. It should say "the entire remainder of his career". Meaning you don't lose him down the road, even if he plays for other teams. You get players from 1981 onward.
Correct
5/7/2019 3:40 PM
Posted by mensu1954 on 5/7/2019 3:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Disco Dogs on 5/7/2019 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by luvyablue on 5/7/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Do we post a new keepers list that shows our cuts when we have our roster set up. As of right now I have 26 players on my roster.
Yes, once we are full everyone will submit their "Keepers" and "Cuts" lists, You may cut to, no lower than, 20 players and draft a maximum of 5 from the remaining 6 teams, if you think you can do better.

***Remember, in 1981, and only in 1981, if he has a WiS Eligible Season for your club, you get him for his full career, even if he is on multiple rosters, as stated in the rules. So there will be a few clones for a bit, but none after that.
From page 1..."First Year Draft Order (by wins totals from 80-84) First year draft will be 5 rounds, or until you either don’t want anyone else or can’t fit any more.:

When did this change?
Never changed, always been in the rules.
That means you can draft less than 5, not more, thats all. You can draft up to 5, but can less if you don't want anyone else or cant fit them in.
5/7/2019 3:43 PM
13 in, 7 to go!!
5/7/2019 3:52 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 5/7/2019 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mensu1954 on 5/7/2019 3:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Disco Dogs on 5/7/2019 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by luvyablue on 5/7/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Do we post a new keepers list that shows our cuts when we have our roster set up. As of right now I have 26 players on my roster.
Yes, once we are full everyone will submit their "Keepers" and "Cuts" lists, You may cut to, no lower than, 20 players and draft a maximum of 5 from the remaining 6 teams, if you think you can do better.

***Remember, in 1981, and only in 1981, if he has a WiS Eligible Season for your club, you get him for his full career, even if he is on multiple rosters, as stated in the rules. So there will be a few clones for a bit, but none after that.
From page 1..."First Year Draft Order (by wins totals from 80-84) First year draft will be 5 rounds, or until you either don’t want anyone else or can’t fit any more.:

When did this change?
Never changed, always been in the rules.
That means you can draft less than 5, not more, thats all. You can draft up to 5, but can less if you don't want anyone else or cant fit them in.
I took it to mean 5 or more.
5/7/2019 4:14 PM
Think i'd like to try this, haven't been on in a long time, and had to re make an account, but have played progressives before.
I'll take the Braves, player to be named later.
5/7/2019 4:42 PM
Gotcha

14 in, 6 to go!
5/7/2019 5:59 PM
Sounds confusing. Sign me up. Oakland
5/8/2019 12:23 AM (edited)
lol you got it.
5/8/2019 6:25 AM
I'll take Brewers
5/8/2019 12:29 PM
Gotcha sohio, im in southern ohio as well, what part ya from??

16 in, 4 to go!
5/8/2019 2:10 PM (edited)
This is a tough choice, I have little pitching with the Braves to start, and could really use Smoltz, but only get him for 7 seasons before he comes to Braves as a rookie, on the other hand, Chipper Jones brings a big bat and id get him for 14 seasons before he becomes a rookie, but I have 3B already occupied by one of the best players I start with (Horner)

So I guess i'll go with team need over want, SMOLTZ starting in his 91 season.
5/8/2019 2:58 PM
Posted by Kaboom1969 on 5/8/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):
This is a tough choice, I have little pitching with the Braves to start, and could really use Smoltz, but only get him for 7 seasons before he comes to Braves as a rookie, on the other hand, Chipper Jones brings a big bat and id get him for 14 seasons before he becomes a rookie, but I have 3B already occupied by one of the best players I start with (Horner)

So I guess i'll go with team need over want, SMOLTZ starting in his 91 season.
You could always start Chipper at 1B without much penalty. He also has a couple OF seasons.
5/8/2019 3:14 PM
Also, one of them could DH.
5/8/2019 3:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...15 Next ▸
Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.