LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

For anyone old enough to remember Spy Magazine (the guys who coined "short-fingered vulgarian" for Trump), it's déjà vu all over again.

Michael Cohen Has Said He Would Take a Bullet for Trump. Maybe Not Anymore.

“Donald goes out of his way to treat him like garbage,” said Roger J. Stone Jr., Mr. Trump’s informal and longest-serving political adviser, who, along with Mr. Cohen, was one of five people originally surrounding the president when he was considering a presidential campaign before 2016.

[...]

Mr. Trump has long felt he had leverage over Mr. Cohen, but people who have worked for the president said the raid has changed all that.

“Ironically, Michael now holds the leverage over Trump,” said Sam Nunberg, a former aide to Mr. Trump who worked with Mr. Cohen and Mr. Stone. Mr. Nunberg said that Mr. Cohen “should maximize” that leverage.

“The softer side of the president genuinely has an affection for Michael,” Mr. Nunberg said. For instance, Mr. Trump attended the bar and bat mitzvahs of Mr. Cohen’s children. “However, the president has also taken Michael for granted.” Mr. Nunberg added that “whenever anyone complains to me about Trump screwing them over, my reflexive response is that person has nothing to complain about compared to Michael.”

Mr. Stone recalled Mr. Trump saying of Mr. Cohen, “He owns some of the finest Trump real estate in the country — paid top dollar for it, too.” In Mr. Trump’s worldview, there are few insults more devastating than saying someone overpaid.

[...]

“He clearly doesn’t think that Michael Cohen is his Roy Cohn,” said Tim O’Brien, a Trump biographer, referring to Mr. Trump’s former mentor and the president’s ideal for a pit bull-like defender. “I think his abusive behavior to Michael is animated by his feeling that Michael is inadequate.”

4/21/2018 10:21 AM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/20/2018 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Apples and oranges. You are the stupidest person on these boards. It is not even close. Maybe it is the lack of protein.
Apples and oranges? Explain how? You keep saying that Muslims do not share our views, and I feel the same way about Republicans.

Worse than Doug? Bronx? Bracco? Literal antisemites? HYPOCRITE.

I get enough protein, thank you very much.
4/21/2018 12:05 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 4/21/2018 10:21:00 AM (view original):
For anyone old enough to remember Spy Magazine (the guys who coined "short-fingered vulgarian" for Trump), it's déjà vu all over again.

Michael Cohen Has Said He Would Take a Bullet for Trump. Maybe Not Anymore.

“Donald goes out of his way to treat him like garbage,” said Roger J. Stone Jr., Mr. Trump’s informal and longest-serving political adviser, who, along with Mr. Cohen, was one of five people originally surrounding the president when he was considering a presidential campaign before 2016.

[...]

Mr. Trump has long felt he had leverage over Mr. Cohen, but people who have worked for the president said the raid has changed all that.

“Ironically, Michael now holds the leverage over Trump,” said Sam Nunberg, a former aide to Mr. Trump who worked with Mr. Cohen and Mr. Stone. Mr. Nunberg said that Mr. Cohen “should maximize” that leverage.

“The softer side of the president genuinely has an affection for Michael,” Mr. Nunberg said. For instance, Mr. Trump attended the bar and bat mitzvahs of Mr. Cohen’s children. “However, the president has also taken Michael for granted.” Mr. Nunberg added that “whenever anyone complains to me about Trump screwing them over, my reflexive response is that person has nothing to complain about compared to Michael.”

Mr. Stone recalled Mr. Trump saying of Mr. Cohen, “He owns some of the finest Trump real estate in the country — paid top dollar for it, too.” In Mr. Trump’s worldview, there are few insults more devastating than saying someone overpaid.

[...]

“He clearly doesn’t think that Michael Cohen is his Roy Cohn,” said Tim O’Brien, a Trump biographer, referring to Mr. Trump’s former mentor and the president’s ideal for a pit bull-like defender. “I think his abusive behavior to Michael is animated by his feeling that Michael is inadequate.”

Trump's response:

Trump Attacks Comey and Haberman, Goes On Misspelling Rampage
4/21/2018 12:21 PM
not good painting

headmuffin miniwimple out of focus, all else sharp

i think he was trying to make clouds

put in the rest to get a paycheck

4/21/2018 9:42 PM
That headmuffin miniwimple appears to made from the fur of a white ermine. I challenge you to find a painting (or even a photograph) of a white ermine fur hat that doesn't look out of focus and cloud-like.
4/21/2018 10:33 PM
that headmuffin miniwimple appears to made from paint

compare it to the squirrel tail
4/21/2018 10:59 PM
It's whiter, fluffier and more cloud-like than the squirrel tail. Just like in nature.
4/21/2018 11:08 PM
the squirrel tail has a core and a edge

do you see the core and the edge

do you see through the squirrel tail

the headmuffin miniwimple is a different idea
4/21/2018 11:21 PM
I don't mind a fluffy blurry fuzzy furry out of focus not sharp headmuffin miniwimple.

At all.

In fact I expect it, and look forward to it.

Always have, always will.
4/22/2018 1:56 AM
i thought the headmuffin was cut from a diaper......all i know is that the picture has an otherworldly look...it is weirdly off..........like a strange mona lisa...or a strange mother mary.....art is like music or food.....either you like it or you dont...i like the painting a lot..........
4/22/2018 6:35 AM
FILE UNDER THINGS I"D LIKE TO SEE
THE TRUMP TWILIGHT ZONE

trump wakes up and speaks with the voice of Pee Wee Herman....no more trump voice.
he also starts to ride a bicycle every day around the white house grounds in a black suit with an orange bow tie.
white sox and black shoes.
hey lady...
4/22/2018 9:52 AM
Good New Yorker article here on Scott Pruitt that emphasizes him ripping off taxpayers for tens of thousands of dollars isn't his most serious infraction.

In his relatively brief time in office—he’s headed the E.P.A. for just over a year—he has announced his intention to undo just about every major environmental regulation enacted over the past decade. The list of planned rollbacks is so long it’s impossible to include here; among the highlights—or, if you prefer, low-lights—are the following:

• Pruitt has announced his intention to revoke the Clean Power Plan, the Obama Administration’s signature effort to combat climate change. The plan was supposed to cut carbon pollution from power plants, and, in the process, avert some ninety thousand childhood-asthma attacks.

• He has initiated a “review” of a rule requiring utilities to reduce emissions of toxic mercury. The rule was expected to prevent up to eleven thousand premature deaths each year.

• The E.P.A. announced that it was halting the implementation of a rule requiring oil and gas companies to locate and repair leaks of methane, an extremely powerful greenhouse gas. In climate-change terms, the rule was expected to accomplish the equivalent of taking eight million cars off the road. (In this case, environmental groups successfully sued, and the rule remains in effect pending further litigation.)

Meanwhile, Pruitt has been doing his best to undermine the E.P.A.’s very raison d’etre, which is to use science to protect the public. Based on thinking so convoluted only the most ardent congressional Republicans could fall for it, he’s attempted to purge the agency’s science advisory boards of actual scientists, and replace them with industry insiders. He’s trying to ban the use of certain kinds of studies in the rule-making process, ostensibly to make the process more transparent, but this will just serve to make it more difficult for the agency to issue new regulations. All the while, he keeps repeating Fox News’ favorite scientific untruths, insisting, to cite the most dangerous example, that the connection between carbon-dioxide emissions and global warming remains unproved.

4/22/2018 11:59 AM
Interesting. Could you please post the scientific information (Paper) that irrefutably connects carbon emissions with global warming?

Did you know we are back to 1992 emission levels? I wonder where the Russians and Chinese and Indians are.

ANYWAYS...I could use your help. I can't find the current climate model the scientists are using. Is it just scientists or is it government scientists? I wish THEY would explain it better. You would think they would on such an important issue.

ANYWAYS...Where can I find that model? Can you post it? Does it incorporate moisture into its calculations. Are we using the same model as we did 20 years ago? Why isn't it a whole lot hotter by now? Do all the scientists agree or just some? What do the other scientists say?

WELL...that's a lot of questions. I'd be VERY content if you could just post the model or at least tell me where to fine it. Surely it's not a secret.

THANKS!
4/22/2018 1:30 PM
Doug.....google Aurora.....it is in a lot of stores....paint not included.
except Antartica.
4/22/2018 1:34 PM
I found 3...kinda. NOAA - NIWA - and one called skeptical science. I'll look at Aurora.
4/22/2018 1:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...408|409|410|411|412...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.