1974 True Rookie League Expanding - Closed Topic

Posted by dspahlinger on 7/31/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Do you already have a list of available players and if not, how soon will that be ready ? Have the existing owners all posted their 20 keepers ? All 1974 players revert to their rookie seasons as well, correct ?

I am considering joining the league.
Hope you join, Dave. This league has been really a lot of fun & am looking forward to the reset.
7/31/2018 1:53 PM
Welcome to the League Dave, Glad to have you onboard.

Yes, all Keepers have been Posted. Yes, every Single Player has reverted to there Rookie Season.
There will be NO IR Players in the 1st Year of Play.

Dave, I'll give you Access to the League to see that everything is already set about Avaible Players List...

If you Change your Mind, then Thanks for Checking Out the League...

Cardsfan Loves this League as do all of the Returning Owners...


7/31/2018 7:16 PM
Sounds interesting? Never played a Progressive Theme League, I'm not sure if I follow this one's rules? However, i'm going to have to learn since i'm wanting in your league. If I could ask for suggestions on how to do research? best way to find out each players rookie season?
7/31/2018 8:06 PM
Posted by tab316us on 7/31/2018 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Sounds interesting? Never played a Progressive Theme League, I'm not sure if I follow this one's rules? However, i'm going to have to learn since i'm wanting in your league. If I could ask for suggestions on how to do research? best way to find out each players rookie season?
I already have done the Player List. All you have to do is Print out the Total List. Then Look up every Player using the Year Listed. That will tell you his Stats and you will also see his Stats for the Following Years. Example : You Draft 1B - NAP LAJOIE 1896... That would be His Rookie Season and you would use him @ 1B for the 1910 Season... Then when we Start Play in Year 1911... Nap Lajoie would Stll be a 1Bmen and you would advance Him to his 2nd Year of Play... That would be 1897... When we start Season 1912... Nap Lajoie would move to 2B and would be used in his 3rd year of play, That Year 1898... That would be the Start of His Hall of Fame Career @ Second base...

So Each Player would Advance 1 Year in there Career as we start a New Season in the Wiz...

If you Join the League, I'll help you as much as I can. But you would have to tell me what you don't Understand...

Progressive Leagues don't allow Clone Players and you would be the Sole Owner of the Player who you Draft. So in other words, There cannot be 2 Babe Ruth's in the League. Only 1 and Only owned by 1 Owner...

I hope this help you understand the Format. Believe Me... Everyone who's in my League "Loves the League and the Format"...


OUR CURRENT SEASON WON'T END UNTIL 8/27...
SO THIS WILL GIVE YOU PLENTY OF TIME TO RESEARCH THE LEAGUE AND PLAYERS FOR WHEN THE NEW SEASON'S DRAFT WILL START...


THE DRAFT : Each Owner will be Given a Time Slot. When your time slot comes up, you can Pick any Player that his still Un-Owned. This may sould like it's Hard. But it isn't. If your time slot comes up and you failed to make your Pick. Then the Next Owner may make there Pick (Skipping You). You won't Lose your Draft Pick. but will Lose the Chance to Draft someone who maybe you wanted to Draft. This also keeps the Draft Moving along in a Timely Matter...

You will be able to Read all of the Rules of the League also...



7/31/2018 8:54 PM (edited)
tab316us... I put you down as Joining the League... Welcome to the League...

But you will still need to Confirm here before I give you access to our Private Draftroom.
Where you will find all the Info that you will Need for the League...

If you change your Mind or decide you just don't want to Play. Just let me know here...


7/31/2018 9:00 PM (edited)
Yes I am in. Send me the info to get started.
8/1/2018 7:40 AM
Sounds interesting. Put me in.
8/1/2018 10:49 AM
Posted by tab316us on 7/31/2018 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Sounds interesting? Never played a Progressive Theme League, I'm not sure if I follow this one's rules? However, i'm going to have to learn since i'm wanting in your league. If I could ask for suggestions on how to do research? best way to find out each players rookie season?
I'm sure you know this, but just in case, when you do a player search, there is an option for "Order by." Set that to season and the search will display the players stats in season by season starting with his rookie year. If you are already in a player search, click on "Team" and hit enter and it will order the stats season by season. Welcome to the league. It's a lot of fun.
8/1/2018 11:04 AM
Posted by danidon on 8/1/2018 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Sounds interesting. Put me in.
Welcome danidon...

Glad to have you in the League...


8/1/2018 11:24 AM
You can Trust Firesalt when he Speaks...

He's a 3 Time Winner of the League and a Great Owner...


8/1/2018 5:41 PM (edited)
Welcome tab316us. Would be happy to give advice if needed. Also welcome danidon, dspahlinger. Great league, good owners and an original theme!
8/1/2018 5:23 PM
Welcome Gurkha and Archer24!
8/1/2018 5:26 PM

You can Trust rbrch also when he Speaks...

He's a 2 Time Winner of the League and a Great Owner...


Only 5 More Spots Open in the League...

Who will Come and Join the Fun



8/1/2018 5:42 PM
It's a fun league and I am looking forward to the 1910 players coming in with their rookie seasons! You do a great job with the league. If we need someone to take a second team, I will happily step up.
8/1/2018 6:17 PM
put me down. Im in for the challenge. Havent been in a progressive in that time era. plus the challenge of coming in as an expansion team sounds interesting.
8/1/2018 6:32 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
1974 True Rookie League Expanding - Closed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.