New 1959 Progressive Franchise Twist——-now FULL Topic

We are starting a new progressive franchise twist starting 1959. This is a 16-team league

Many of us have been in a progressive franchise twist that started in 1976 and is now in 2007, so we thought we'd go back and start another.

We need owners for 3 franchises....you can choose from the following:

Chicago Cubs
Cleveland Indians
Washington Senators (Minnesota Twins)


***for this inaugural season only you can "reserve" an upcoming expansion franchise. If you choose to do this you will wait until the last team (or teams) are available to choose your franchise for 1959 up until your expansion franchise arrives.

UPCOMING EXPANSION
1961

Los Angeles Angels
Washington Senators (Texas Rangers)

1962
New York Mets
Houston Colt 45s


RULES
Twist the 1959 season for your teams roster.

If you are new to the "twist" concept it means that you can use any season of a players career, as long as he played at least 1 game with your selected team that season. (Use https://www.baseball-reference.com/) If a player played 1 game for the Cardinals in 1959, then he is eligible to be used, and you can draft any season of his career.

Twist every season after that as we go along.
Usual Twist rules.....use roster at baseball-reference.com, use any season for any player on roster

$108m for the initial 25-man roster you draft
We MANUALLY DRAFT 6/4 AAA - Each AAA player has a max of $1.5m salary. (No stars can be drafted into AAA)

DH in BOTH leagues
No WW
No Clones
Use Stadium used by your team

ALIGNMENT IS FIRST TO WORST EVERY YEAR BASED ON WIN PCT. (So AL West is worst 4 teams)
8/31/2018 10:11 PM (edited)
Franchise Assignments

St Louis - d3524
Dodgers - specsman
Braves - brewmeisters
Giants - busterglen
Reds - forte4him
Pirates - pedrocerrano
Cubs - tribe_fan_09
Phillies - DEMarauder

White Sox - DEMarauder
Indians - grayfoxx
Yankees - trd3
Red Sox - coachgreat1
Tigers - busterglen
Orioles - jgaleo062066
A’s - dn3524
Senators (Twins) - bheid408
9/1/2018 12:31 PM (edited)
I will take the Senators/Twins

Question? Will the Cap always be $108 Million or what is the plan for that going forward?
8/31/2018 10:40 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/31/2018 10:41:00 PM (view original):
I will take the Senators/Twins

Question? Will the Cap always be $108 Million or what is the plan for that going forward?
Great!

yes we have kept it there in the other progressive as well. That plus the 1.5 per aaa player works out well
8/31/2018 10:48 PM
Do the AAA players have to come from your Franchise or can they be anyone?
8/31/2018 10:51 PM
I will take the Cleveland Indians
8/31/2018 10:51 PM
While I would prefer my Tribe, I will take the remaining team (Cubs).... Question....do I have the right to trade the Cubs for one of the expansion franchises when their year of starting comes up?

For example, can I trade the Cubs for the Senators/Rangers once we reach the 1961 season? Am wondering if I am reading your explanation correctly...
9/1/2018 12:54 AM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/31/2018 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Do the AAA players have to come from your Franchise or can they be anyone?
They follow same rules as all others. Must be part of your baseball reference roster
9/1/2018 12:25 PM
Posted by tribe_fan_09 on 9/1/2018 12:54:00 AM (view original):
While I would prefer my Tribe, I will take the remaining team (Cubs).... Question....do I have the right to trade the Cubs for one of the expansion franchises when their year of starting comes up?

For example, can I trade the Cubs for the Senators/Rangers once we reach the 1961 season? Am wondering if I am reading your explanation correctly...
Basically this works out well for you. Since Cubs are last team left you can just claim the Rangers now and take the Cubs until 1961

9/1/2018 12:27 PM
FULL
9/1/2018 12:32 PM
Specsman;brewmeisters;busterglen;demarauder;grayfoxx;trd3;coachgreat1;forte4him;pedrocerrano;tribe_fan_09;jgaleo062066;bheid408

There has been a lot of talk about the AAA thing. Since this was never an issue in other league I did not give it much thought.

So, for this league we will allow fake AAA (average), and u can use at your discretion. Do not have to fill AAA spots with real players if desired. U can remove team and reenter if u want

I hate fake players but I guess some teams will struggle to fill spots. For my A’s I drafted scrubs to AAA but not everyone has to do that. We will address this again in future years

Dave
9/3/2018 12:50 PM
New 1959 Progressive Franchise Twist——-now FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.