Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

If a player (Bert Bylvnen) is not on 1981 Twins but plays in 1981 & started with MIN can I put him on my 1981 team using his 81 stats?
5/6/2019 8:28 PM
No. Bert Blyleven played for Cleveland in 1981, and will stay with them.
5/6/2019 8:59 PM
Update for front page - O's can't bring back Brady Anderson, as he started with the Red Sox in 1988.
5/6/2019 9:09 PM
got it, thx
5/7/2019 6:38 AM
After much deliberation, finally decided on the Boston Red Sox. Bringing back Nomar Garciaparra - 1997.
5/7/2019 6:41 AM
Do you have to bring back players you do not want. & are we going to have a CUT sheet with these players as others may want them.
Example=Jerry Koosman 1981 Min.
My go ahead player will be Johan Santana-2004 (Wish we could go back to 1961, I could get Rod Carew)
5/7/2019 7:55 AM (edited)
Posted by mensu1954 on 5/7/2019 6:41:00 AM (view original):
After much deliberation, finally decided on the Boston Red Sox. Bringing back Nomar Garciaparra - 1997.
Gotcha
5/7/2019 7:57 AM
Posted by bpamaco on 5/7/2019 7:55:00 AM (view original):
Do you have to bring back players you do not want. & are we going to have a CUT sheet with these players as others may want them.
Example=Jerry Koosman 1981 Min.
My go ahead player will be Johan Santana-2004 (Wish we could go back to 1961, I could get Rod Carew)
you may cut whoever you wish, he then will enter the draft.
5/7/2019 7:58 AM
Do we post a new keepers list that shows our cuts when we have our roster set up. As of right now I have 26 players on my roster.
5/7/2019 11:04 AM
Posted by luvyablue on 5/7/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Do we post a new keepers list that shows our cuts when we have our roster set up. As of right now I have 26 players on my roster.
Yes, once we are full everyone will submit their "Keepers" and "Cuts" lists, You may cut to, no lower than, 20 players and draft a maximum of 5 from the remaining 6 teams, if you think you can do better.

***Remember, in 1981, and only in 1981, if he has a WiS Eligible Season for your club, you get him for his full career, even if he is on multiple rosters, as stated in the rules. So there will be a few clones for a bit, but none after that.
5/7/2019 1:59 PM
And remember, just loading the 1981 roster for your franchise, WILL NOT, always load all the players from your franchise for that season, you should check by either doing a search with the lowest possible standards, like 0 gms at pos, and any position for batters, and minimums at P, not just SP. I don't want anyone missing out on a player, because they didn't check well enough.
5/7/2019 2:03 PM
I really don't need anymore teams, but I'll give this a shot anyway.

Blue Jays/Roy Halladay, starting with 1999

First couple seasons will be lean, but after that, should be a powerhouse
5/7/2019 2:10 PM
Why the hell not? I'll take the Mariners. I'll bring back Ichiro Suzuki.
5/7/2019 2:51 PM
To get your Initial team, Load your teams roster from 1981, if a player appears on more than one team in 1981, all those teams get to use him for his entire career, as IPs and ABs may get tight, and I don't want to limit anyone to start off with. That will be the only clones for this league.

So this means I can start him in his rookie year of 1974???
5/7/2019 2:56 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 5/7/2019 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by luvyablue on 5/7/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Do we post a new keepers list that shows our cuts when we have our roster set up. As of right now I have 26 players on my roster.
Yes, once we are full everyone will submit their "Keepers" and "Cuts" lists, You may cut to, no lower than, 20 players and draft a maximum of 5 from the remaining 6 teams, if you think you can do better.

***Remember, in 1981, and only in 1981, if he has a WiS Eligible Season for your club, you get him for his full career, even if he is on multiple rosters, as stated in the rules. So there will be a few clones for a bit, but none after that.
From page 1..."First Year Draft Order (by wins totals from 80-84) First year draft will be 5 rounds, or until you either don’t want anyone else or can’t fit any more.:

When did this change?
5/7/2019 3:14 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸
Super Franchise Progresive-Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.