Franchise Decades Progressive FULL Topic

Franchise Decades Progressive

I saw my first major league game at the age of ten in 1966. I had watched a little baseball on TV but nothing had prepared me for the moment of entering the stands at Tiger Stadium.
Everything was green and it seemed like the bleachers and seats bled into the field. I fell in love with the game that day and was soon to feel the same about the Tigers.

This league will start with the 60’s. We will have 20 teams. Each owner will have a franchise and build their team with players from the 60’s.
We will expand to 24 teams for the 70’s season and continue to expand as MLB did.

There will be no clones in the league. Whatever team a player started the decade with is exclusive to that franchise. Any season of the player can be used as long as it is in the decade range. For example Frank Robinson would play for the Reds franchise in the 60’s season but his Oriole seasons could be used. Then in the 70’s season he would belong to the Orioles franchise.

If a players rookie season comes later then 1960 he is property of his first team for the 60’s season


Must use a ball park used by your franchise in the decade range.

110 mil cap.

Trades are allowed but a player will revert back to whatever franchise he played for in the first year of the decade in the following season.

We will use the DH in the AL starting with the 70’s season.

We will use real life AAA of 2 position players and 2 pitchers. These players must be 1 mil or less.

I usually wait to pick my team when I run leagues but in this case I’m gonna pick first.

This league will run for 6 seasons. I hope if you sign up it is in the spirit of playing all 6.

Detroit Tigers

Any questions or comments post here or site mail me.

NL Teams

Cubs-Landry19
Reds-soxyanks12
Astros-szczubelek
Dodgers-Disco Dogs
Braves-kevinjb
Mets-eschwartz67
Phillies-fatguyrd
Pirates-jeff4noles
Giants-Kaboom1969
Cardinals-georgedeer

AL Teams

Orioles-kacyon
Red Sox-tkcronin
White Sox-farleyfustle
Indians-beachbum3494
Tigers-szczubelek
A’s-ronblood
Angels-fatguyrd
Twins-kevinjb
Yankees-jrig21
Senators-midknight
12/12/2019 3:20 PM (edited)
X
11/29/2019 7:35 PM
Are you starting with the 1960 season?
11/29/2019 8:00 PM
Posted by georgedeer on 11/29/2019 8:00:00 PM (view original):
Are you starting with the 1960 season?
I think I know what you are referencing George. The Senators/Twins situation. I will deal with eligibility when players sign up
11/29/2019 8:13 PM
Thanks Steve. My real question is, are we starting in the 1960 season, or are we starting with each team's rookie season. For example, Harmon Killebrew's 1st season would be 1960, but Tony Oliva's would be 1964 and Rod Carew's would be 1967. LMK if I'm on the right track.
11/29/2019 8:27 PM
Dodgers
11/30/2019 1:18 PM
Posted by georgedeer on 11/29/2019 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Steve. My real question is, are we starting in the 1960 season, or are we starting with each team's rookie season. For example, Harmon Killebrew's 1st season would be 1960, but Tony Oliva's would be 1964 and Rod Carew's would be 1967. LMK if I'm on the right track.
You will be able to use any season of the decade we are playing.
Each season brings a new decade
11/30/2019 2:41 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 11/30/2019 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Dodgers
Thanks!
11/30/2019 2:41 PM
I'll take the Reds Steve!
11/30/2019 3:17 PM
I want the A"S
11/30/2019 4:23 PM
Thanks guys!
11/30/2019 5:10 PM
Questions

1.
If i understand this right, if i took the Phils in the 60s, i could not use Bunning because he played for the Tigers first. Is that correct?

2.if so, we should be using the 1960 roster, plus any rookies that debuted in the.other years of the decade. Is that also correct?

3.Also, we are building a roster, not drafting.

I will take the Phils, but need answers to figure out a roster.
11/30/2019 10:17 PM (edited)
Posted by fatguyrd on 11/30/2019 10:17:00 PM (view original):
Questions

1.
If i understand this right, if i took the Phils in the 60s, i could not use Bunning because he played for the Tigers first. Is that correct?

2.if so, we should be using the 1960 roster, plus any rookies that debuted in the.other years of the decade. Is that also correct?

3.Also, we are building a roster, not drafting.

I will take the Phils, but need answers to figure out a roster.
This is a little different.

1. Yes Bunning would be a Tiger for the 1st season. Yet you could use any season of Bunning 1960 to 1969. Does not have to be Tiger season or just 1960.
Season 2 (70’s) Bunning would be on Phillies team (his 1970 team) but you could only use seasons 1970 to 1979.

2. You can use any season of your eligible players 1960 to 1969. You are not limited to their rookie season.

3. Yes this is not a draft league.

I’ll put you down as Phillies. Any other questions fire away.

Thanks!
12/1/2019 8:54 AM
Not sure if this would come into play but are you using baseball-reference.com or WIS? Just in case there is the odd occasion where a player started with 1 team but didn't get enough AB's or IP's to be WIS eligible but then the next year played for another team and was WIS eligible.
Also, what about a player that played for more then 1 team in 1960... who does he belong to?
12/1/2019 9:28 AM
I started with the 1960 roster, then used National League debuts to find out each year who broke in with the Phils. I would use their best year of the decade, example Fergie Jenkins. My 60 Phils couldnt even reach the salary cap. Many of my pitchers were left oves from the50s. I know this will change in the 70s.
Thanks for your help.
12/1/2019 9:30 AM
1234 Next ▸
Franchise Decades Progressive FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.