I really like Progressive Leagues, and plan on eventually playing mainly them. The one thing I find strange about a lot of them is often the team name has little or nothing to do with the players rostered. I have Braves and Brooklyn teams with no players from those franchises. If 15 other people will join me this will be different.
When you sign up you will name a pitcher and hitter from the 1950 version of your franchise as your Territorials. You will also name one legacy player from before 1950. I will use my hometown Phils as an example:
I would name Roberts and Ashburn as my Territorials and Pete Alexander as my legacy. They would remain mine as long as they were with the franchise through good and bad. Roberts had both, believe me! We would draft the other 22 roster spots.
Roberts would be on my active roster every year from 1950 through 1961. I would then replace him with a rookie Phillies Pitcher (DENNIS BENNETT 1962-1964.)
Ashburn would be here from 1950-1959; (replaced by rookie Clay Dalrymple 1960-68)
Alexander would have his 1911-17 seasons used in order, and then be replaced by another Legacy (Ed Delahanty?)
No DH,WW, below average AAA, Stadium franchise used in 1950
When league hits expansion era, we will not Expand but use those players to broaden our draft pool.
I started in 1950, because I am old enough that I actually saw Ashburn & Roberts at Connie Mack before they left. I was a little kid whose Dad loved and played semipro baseball.
I would like to try it , please join me!
1. Discno Dogs - Yankees
2. fatguy - Athletics
3.mensu1954 - Senators
4 bpamaco - Giants
5 3dayrotation- Dodgers
6. rufus4ever CWS
7. Southpaw85 - Indians
8. danidon- Cardinals
9. donaldjtrump - Red Sox
10 sohio4ever- Pirates
11. - cdpoet - Phils
12 - luvyablue - Braves
13 -crazyamos-Tigers
3/4/2020 4:46 PM (edited)