Your right Yankscare yours
3/21/2020 9:35 AM
NEW YORK YANKEES

Territorial Hitter: Yogi Berra, C
Territorial Pitcher: Whitey Ford
Wild Card: Phil Rizzutto, SS

Legacy: Babe Ruth (1920-1934)
3/25/2020 8:27 AM (edited)
I'll take t hff e Giants and be back later with my picks
3/21/2020 1:23 PM
So much talent out there. All franchises have great legacy players.

In the 50s and 60s, here are some of the franchise keepers (territorial and wild card) players you'll have to use for a while:

Just some AL teams here:
RED SOX: Ted Williams, Carl Yaztremski, Dick Radatz, and many more.
SENATORS/TWINS: Ed Yost, Camilo Pascual, Harmon Killebrew, Tony Oliva, Rod Carew, and many more.
BROWNS/ORIOLES: Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer, Jim Gentile, Boog Powell, and many more.
TIGERS: Jim Bunning, Al Kaline, Denny McClain, Bill Freehan, and many more.
ATHLETICS: A little slow at first, but eventually you'll have your choice of Reggie Jackson, Bart Campaneris, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Sal Bando...

These and many more teams still open!
3/22/2020 2:13 PM
I will take the Reds:

Hitter: Ted Kluszewski
Pitcher: Ken Raffensberger
Wildcard P Ewell Blackwell

Legacy : P Noodles Hahn
3/23/2020 10:26 AM
Posted by fabulous on 3/23/2020 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Suggestion: in about 10 seasons, most of the four selected players will loose their territorial flavor and the league will proceed as a "normal" progressive. What about having a new territorial team selection every 10 years (say 1960) with new team selection draft order determined by most existing team wins over the 10 year period (say 1950-1959)? Weaker teams will get stronger over the 10 year period with good, early draft choices. May also inhibit tanking.
you only have those players while they are with your team... you will always have 4 territorial players.
3/23/2020 3:14 PM
I don't quite understand your comment, fabulous, but my understanding is this:
--your legacy player you keep until the end of his career with your franchise, then replace with another legacy from the past
-your territorial hitter and pitcher and wild card can all be changed each time a new rookie in your franchise comes up that you want to claim.

You'll ALWAYS have 4 players specific to your franchise - three from the present and one from the past.
3/23/2020 5:26 PM
GONE
NL: Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, Reds
AL: Yankees, Indians, Tigers

AVAILABLE
NL: Cubs, Phillies, Cardinals, Pirates
AL: Senators (later Twins), Red Sox, Browns (later O's), Athletics, White Sox
3/23/2020 6:03 PM (edited)
I'll take the Tigers. I'm trying to reduce my WIS involvement, but this is too appealing.

I'll return with my foursome.
3/23/2020 5:53 PM
I figured someone in your family would want the Tigers, Scott! How sweet to have Ty Cobb or Charlie Gehringer alongside the 50s-70s greats.
3/23/2020 6:02 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 3/23/2020 7:21:00 PM (view original):
If a second team is allowed, I'll take the St. Louis Cardinals (I grew up in St.Louis)

I'll post choices after I get a reply whether a 2nd team is OK
no second team.
3/23/2020 7:50 PM
Phillies

Pitcher- Robin Roberts
Hittiter-Richie Ashburn
Wild Card-Curt Simmons

Legacy - Pete Alexander
3/23/2020 7:56 PM
I might want The Red Sox
When you pick a Legacy player, do you only use the years he played for that franchise?
how ‘far back can you go?Whats the Cap?
3/23/2020 11:04 PM (edited)
I would like to switch from the Indians to the Cardinals, now I have a better understanding of the rules, with gratitude to the posts addressed to me above.

St.Louis Cardinals

Hitter - Stan Musial
Pitcher - Harry Brecheen
Wildcard - Red Schoendienst
Legacy - Rogers Hornsby (1915-1926, 1933)
3/26/2020 7:51 PM (edited)
Indians
Hitter: Al Rosen
Pitcher: Mike Garcia
WC: Larry Doby
Legacy: Addie Joss
3/24/2020 1:17 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.