Random Year Progressive - new FULL Topic

Posted by Landry19 on 4/22/2020 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Draft clarification ??

Are you going to go year by year - we all draft from 1887, and then we all move to 1895, etc?

Or will we draft a player from any of the 25 seasons when it is our turn?
This has not been fully determined yet. This is what I'm thinking...
All the #1 picks for each season will be due on Day 1,
#2 picks on Day 2,
#3 picks on day 3 and so on...
until we reach the 16th picks on day 16 and we are done. Some owners will have 2 picks per day and some only 1 with this changing daily due to the rotation and draws for each season.
4/22/2020 4:58 PM
This is the order the seasons were drawn
1 1957
2 1912
3 1929
4 2009
5 1948
6 1896
7 1967
8 1903
9 2000
10 1995
11 1895
12 1981
13 1976
14 1950
15 1969
16 1938
17 1905
18 1961
19 1935
20 2006
21 1992
22 1978
23 1887
24 1923
25 1964
4/22/2020 5:02 PM
So are you going to individually randomize each one, or just randomize the first one and you move one spot per 17,16,15 etc?
4/22/2020 5:33 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 4/22/2020 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Landry19 on 4/22/2020 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Draft clarification ??

Are you going to go year by year - we all draft from 1887, and then we all move to 1895, etc?

Or will we draft a player from any of the 25 seasons when it is our turn?
This has not been fully determined yet. This is what I'm thinking...
All the #1 picks for each season will be due on Day 1,
#2 picks on Day 2,
#3 picks on day 3 and so on...
until we reach the 16th picks on day 16 and we are done. Some owners will have 2 picks per day and some only 1 with this changing daily due to the rotation and draws for each season.
I like this-no need to wait for a slow poke. There are probably quicker methods but an inaugural draft for a standard progressive league usually takes more than 16 days.
4/22/2020 8:05 PM
Posted by daddyzander on 4/22/2020 5:33:00 PM (view original):
So are you going to individually randomize each one, or just randomize the first one and you move one spot per 17,16,15 etc?
The first 16 seasons will be set up on a rotation moving one spot. The other 9 seasons I am not sure yet, probably random.
4/22/2020 10:28 PM
I’ll take a team! Great concept
4/22/2020 11:56 PM
Thanks hoops....... 7 more
4/23/2020 8:14 AM
I would like to play

Suggestion #1 - randomly draw 7 more years - that way each of us will get the #1 pick twice - the extra 7 players can be our own AAA.

Suggestion #2 - remove 1885 from consideration because none of those players are true *rookies*.
4/23/2020 10:59 AM
While I'm fine with whatever you agree upon for the 17th - 25th drafting - I do agree with Landry's 2nd suggestion to get rid of 1885. Or at least make it part of the original draft. That is too powerful a year to be given out to one owner.
4/23/2020 11:15 AM
What the heck, toss me in, and I also agree with Landry on each team getting the #1 pick 2 times, otherwise some teams get 2 #1 picks and some don’t. And 1885 should not be given out.
4/23/2020 2:18 PM (edited)
I don't like the idea of 7 AAA players I have no problem with 7 people getting 2 #1 picks on a random draw basis I agree with deleting 1885. However, I am OK with whatever decisions are finally made.
4/23/2020 5:01 PM (edited)
Sounds good put me in please
4/23/2020 5:33 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 4/23/2020 5:01:00 PM (view original):
I don't like the idea of 7 AAA players I have no problem with 7 people getting 2 #1 picks on a random draw basis I agree with deleting 1885. However, I am OK with whatever decisions are finally made.
Maybe add another 7 seasons to the original draft - put 9 owners in the 17-25 draft years and the other 7 into the new 7 seasons. This way you can stay with the rolling draft selections and all 16 owners will get 2 - 1st round picks. Just a thought.
4/23/2020 5:49 PM
Posted by Landry19 on 4/23/2020 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I would like to play

Suggestion #1 - randomly draw 7 more years - that way each of us will get the #1 pick twice - the extra 7 players can be our own AAA.

Suggestion #2 - remove 1885 from consideration because none of those players are true *rookies*.
#1 = I've never been a fan of AAA. Would you be willing to give up the Twisting in exchange for 7 AAA players? Would the extra 7 players give everyone more than enough PA's and IP's without Twisting? I think we'd be over-loaded with talent after the 1st year or two.

#2 = Good suggestion. But how do we get those players into the league? I'll have to come up with a solution to that one.
4/23/2020 6:02 PM
1I would be good with any suggestion but just a couple thoughts if you want to add 7 more drafts so each team will have 2 1st overall picks instead of aaa why don't you give the option to be passed in 7 drafts as some drafts are week near the end and each team still ends up with 25 players.
2 If you want 1885 players in the league this would be the best time in the first draft to add them so we all can use them
4/23/2020 6:19 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Random Year Progressive - new FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.