New Triple Play Progressive League-full ! Topic

I think count me in. But...How long between draft picks? What time of day does it run? And how is the draft order determined the second year and so on? The lowest payroll upward to the top keeper payroll? To me it seems the fairest. It makes it more of a decision making on who you want to keep. Your rules!! but just want to know how you are handling the next progressive years?
6/7/2020 1:07 PM
Posted by pick1or2 on 6/7/2020 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I think count me in. But...How long between draft picks? What time of day does it run? And how is the draft order determined the second year and so on? The lowest payroll upward to the top keeper payroll? To me it seems the fairest. It makes it more of a decision making on who you want to keep. Your rules!! but just want to know how you are handling the next progressive years?
I usually run Round 1 totally off the clock, requiring everyone to site mail the next 2 owners after they make a pick for as long as we are off the clock. I usually set the 2nd round to start on the clock at 12 Noon EST about 6-7 days after the start of Round 1 and if Round 1 is lagging I will set a clock for Round 1 one day before the start of Round 2 (i.e. if Round 1 is going slowly and Round 2 is scheduled to start on Wednesday, on Monday afternoon I will set the clock to start for the remainder of Round 1 on Tuesday at 12 Noon EST. Once we start on the clock, the clock is set at half hour intervals each day starting at 12 Noon EST (which is 9:00 AM PST) and ending at 7:30 PM EST (4:30 PM PST).

Subsequent annual drafts are in the inverse order of finish for each round, except that there is a random lottery for the first 4 picks in the first round only. In the random lottery (I use random.org), the team with the worst record has 4 chances, the team with the 2nd worst record has 3 chances, the team with the 3rd worst record has 2 chances and the team with the 4th worst record has 1 chance. So the team with the worst record only has a 40% chance of getting the #1 pick. This is to discourage "tanking". Ties are broken by the difference between runs scored and runs allowed, with teams with the lowest difference drafting first.

The bottom 4 teams have the first 4 picks in Round 1, with the remainder having picks 5-16 in the inverse order of finish. All other rounds are 1-16 in the inverse order of finish.

Hopefully this answers your question. Pease let me know whether you re definitely in or not.
6/7/2020 8:14 PM (edited)
I think so except does that mean the bottom 4 teams from yr 1 gets one of the top 4 picks or does it means only the winner of the 4 team BOTTOM drawing gets no 1 pick and the rest goes into the random drawing? thanks
6/7/2020 8:07 PM
Posted by pick1or2 on 6/7/2020 8:07:00 PM (view original):
I think so except does that mean the bottom 4 teams from yr 1 gets one of the top 4 picks or does it means only the winner of the 4 team BOTTOM drawing gets no 1 pick and the rest goes into the random drawing? thanks
The bottom 4 teams all get one of the 4 top picks. Would make no sense to penalize 3 teams IMO
6/7/2020 8:10 PM
count me in. Please send me a site mail when you are ready to start it please. Thank you
6/7/2020 8:17 PM
Posted by pick1or2 on 6/7/2020 8:17:00 PM (view original):
count me in. Please send me a site mail when you are ready to start it please. Thank you
Will do. Probably be several days yet.
6/7/2020 9:33 PM
I'm in!
6/7/2020 10:57 PM
I will try this if you have a spot open
6/8/2020 4:13 PM
I would like to apply
6/8/2020 7:21 PM
Im in
6/8/2020 10:59 PM
I am interested
6/9/2020 3:09 AM
I am interested if you still have room
6/9/2020 9:15 AM
Thanks eman7400 and shaggyno9, we are now full !

N4ser.you are #1 on a wait list in case somebody drops out. I will also make a note to contact you in the event we have an opening in th future !!
6/9/2020 9:25 AM
I will send a site mail shortly to all 16 members regarding th start of the draft.
6/9/2020 9:27 AM
This is a little different kind of draft, a lot more to study so i hope we have a little time to do homework.
6/9/2020 9:48 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
New Triple Play Progressive League-full ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.