WIBL Redux - Brand New Prog - 1969 - Waitlisting Topic

The WIBL (What If Baseball League) Redux is looking for owners. We recently finished the 2019 season of the original league, at which point we decided to start over. Hence the Redux.

We have 7 owners staying with the league as we reboot, and 16 signed up so far below, so we currently have 1 available franchise. When you sign up, you pick your stadium (full league listed below). Anyone interested can be sent the full rules document, but the highlighted points are:

-Fully random, serpentine order for inaugural draft
-Weighted draft lottery for top 12 teams (top team has ~15% chance of landing top pick, 12th team has 6% chance of landing top 5 pick) w/ a 50 wins floor (one lost lotto ball for each game you fall under the wins floor).
-DH in AL Only starting in 1973
-AAA Draft of real players (fictitious AAA allowed from 1969-76 and possibly beyond, only for PA/IP need)
-Draft Pick Trades allowed of 2 seasons in advance
-Trade Deadline Game 120, Transaction Deadline Game 159
-Zero Trade Vetoes

If you'd like to join, please sign up here and claim your stadium. If you'd like to see the full rules document, sitemail me and I'll send them over.

Since we are a rebooting league, there's already a forum for the league where we will house all of our info.

Looking forward to some excellent owners joining up!

Full List of 1969 Ballparks (season also noted when franchise moves stadiums) - With Owner Noted Once Taken

AL East
Fenway Park - horus_6
Yankee Stadium (New Yankee Stadium in 2009) - parking31
Memorial Stadium (Camden Yards in 1992) - tammyk
RFK Stadium (moves to Texas in 1972 - and the AL West) - coachgreat1
AL Central
Cleveland Stadium - moves to East in 1972 (Jacobs Field in 1994) - Petroff
Tiger Stadium (Comerica Park in 2000) - vegcity
Comiskey Park (New Comiskey in 1991) - Mr_Cubbie
Sicks Stadium (Seattle - moves to Milwaukee in 1970) - sjstapleton
AL West
Municipal Stadium (KC) (Royals Stadium in 1973) - alanzahm
Anaheim Stadium (Later changes to Edison Field, then Angel Stadium) - jeff4noles
Oakland Coliseum (Later changes to Network Associates Coliseum) - SAKABAKBRG
Metropolitan Stadium - moves to Central in 1972 (Metrodome in 1982) - yatagon

NL East
Jarry Park (Olympic Stadium in 1977) - Kaboom1969
Shea Stadium (Citi Field in 2010) - jgaleo062066
Connie Mack Stadium (Veterans Stadium in 1971) - The_Creeper
Atlanta - Fulton County Stadium (Turner Field in 1997) - drichar138
NL Central
Forbes Field (3 Rivers in 1970/71) - happyhours
Crosley Field (Riverfront in 1970/71) - fatguyrd
Wrigley Field - jmarino2
Busch Stadium (New Busch in 2006) - Specsman
NL West
Astrodome (Enron Field/Minute Made Park in 2000/2002) - mikemundt
San Diego/Jack Murphy/Qualcomm (Petco Park in 2004) - blacknmild76
Dodger Stadium - Steev
Candlestick Park (SBC/ATT Park in 2000) - rbrch
1/2/2021 3:48 PM (edited)
Forbes field Pittsburgh NL Central...........I am on vacation until 01/04. I will be on early am & late pm......Would i affect the draft?..I would really like to join this league.
12/25/2020 11:53 AM
Posted by happyhours on 12/25/2020 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Forbes field Pittsburgh NL Central...........I am on vacation until 01/04. I will be on early am & late pm......Would i affect the draft?..I would really like to join this league.
I don't anticipate the league filling up or draft beginning before 1/4, and even if it does, we can wait until at least the 5th to begin.

Welcome aboard HH, I will add you to the league forum now.
12/25/2020 12:12 PM
Thanks, my favorite era and my first starting from scratch in a while.
12/25/2020 12:41 PM
I'm in, and Fenway Park it is.
12/25/2020 6:00 PM
we'll join the AL East as well with the Yankee franchise.
12/25/2020 7:09 PM
Welcome to both horus_6 and parking31! Glad to have you both, and welcome to the AL East.
12/25/2020 11:29 PM
I would like in with the Candlestick please.
12/26/2020 10:53 AM
Posted by rbrch on 12/26/2020 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I would like in with the Candlestick please.
Welcome rbrch! Glad to have you.

Also, I have added everyone who's signed up thus far to the private forum as well.
12/26/2020 10:58 AM
i'll take Cleveland stadium
also does that mean I have the Cleveland franchise
12/26/2020 4:39 PM
Anaheim Stadium please
12/26/2020 5:35 PM
I'd like the Royals
12/26/2020 7:04 PM
Cinn. please
12/26/2020 7:16 PM
Posted by Petroff on 12/26/2020 4:39:00 PM (view original):
i'll take Cleveland stadium
also does that mean I have the Cleveland franchise
Yes it does, you'll be in Cleveland Stadium and in the AL Central for 3 seasons before moving to the East due to realignment stemming from the Senators' move to Texas.
12/26/2020 8:42 PM
I will join with San Diego.
12/26/2020 9:07 PM
123 Next ▸
WIBL Redux - Brand New Prog - 1969 - Waitlisting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.